If we win out... three questions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LoyalBengal, Oct 16, 2006.

1. LoyalBengal

LoyalBengal Founding Member

1. Where do we land come bowl time?

2. What is our final national ranking?

3. Does JM return to pursue a National Championship or leave?

2. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

1. According to how everyone above us wins out.

2. Top 10, no doubt, but probably a top 5.

3. Only if he doesn't care about the big bucks!!!!!!!!

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I guess we'll have to wait and see then LSU! . It's hard to answer any of those right now but realistically maybe we'll get the cotton, hopefully the capital one. And about the ranking I say we're top 5 if we win out, most of the teams ahead of us right now have to lose(a result of playing each other) and most will lose anyways. Last year we were top 5 despite losing our 2nd last game and if we end out the year winning the rest of the games we should definately be top 5.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Still too much football left to be played and let's just take it one week at a time.... granted another cream puff makes for a boring week- glad to see on another post that schedule considerations being looked at.

We are an elite program and the SEC is a tough conference but we need better OOC games. One UL or Tulane o.k. but three kills our SOS with the BCS.

5. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Fresno was a good OOC game before the season started. I was hoping they would've stayed a good team like last year. But I agree, we need a better NC schedule. Of the four NC games each year, we should have one national contender(VT,Texas, ND, etc.), one middle-range school(Boise St, Fresno St, TCU, etc.), and two cream puffs(Tulane, UL, etc). But make sure that it's Div. 1 schools. No more Div. 2.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah, I'm like you, I was looking forward to that game at the beginning of the season but you're right, they aren't haven't their best season.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

We do actually have VT on our sched, we played @ VT in 2002 and i believe they were supposed to come down here this year but they had to reschedule to a later time. And lately i don't think our OOC schedule has been that bad. We scheduled Arizona in 98 when they went 12-1 and finished in the top 5. We had ASU and Oregon State who normally are very solid bowl teams. Fresno is one of the tougher non-BCS teams out there.
    But if we can't even get through our SEC schedule i don't think we need to be scheduling any big powerhouses anytime soon. Save that for the teams like USC and Ohio State who aren't challenged as much during their conference play.

8. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

If we win out, we're either going to the Citrus Bowl or the Cotton Bowl. My bet is Cotton.

If we win out, we will probably end up ranked in the 4-8 range depending on who loses ahead of us.

I think the NFL scouts will want Jared Mitchell to get some more catches before they take a chance on a Freshman. (Sorry, had to do it; welcome to the board. Personally, I think JR leaves).

GEAUX TIGERS

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

As LSU still faces a top 15 team on the road, thereby inducing Lester into avoiding his talented true freshmen RBs at all costs and severely limiting the play-calling (not to mention transferring a level of tightness in his team that presents itself in the form of unforced turnovers), I'd say the odds of "winning out" are slim to none.

That said, an 8-3 record puts the Indy Bowl into play...though there's always hope of something better.

Also, if JR leaves, he's a fool. He-still-hasn't proven he can get it done against top competition, at least not to the level he needs to do so in order to really get top consideration. Hate him all you want, but Matt Leinart was a stone cold killer against top teams---he put up nearly 400 against Texas in the Rose Bowl!

JR will return, book it.