If you could attend 5 previous LSU games what would they be?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sourdoughman, Feb 12, 2004.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

After reading this thread, I'm still not sure if the list is supposed to be 5 games you would like to attend but did not or just 5 games you'd like to attend again, regardless of your presence or lack thereof at the original.

I'll go with 5 that I DID NOT attend:

1. Halloween Night, 1959
    2. Warren Morris
    3. USC, 1979
    4. Loyola Marymount
    5. Any LSU basketball game in the late '60s; would love to have seen the Pistol while at LSU.

2. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Only if I could go back in time.
    1. 2004 Sugar Bowl
    2. 1996 LSU vs. Miami CWS
    3. Tennessee vs. LSU 2000
    4. LSU vs. Florida 1997
    5. 2001 SEC Champ. game

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Too many great games. This thread needs to be a top 50 list instead of a top 5 list.

4. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

1) 1996 CWS Warren Morris HR
    2) 2000 CWS.....what a game
    3) 2004 Sugar Bowl
    4) EarthQuake Game
    5) Billy Cannon Run

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

So many great ticket stubs under glass on my sinker cypress coffee table ... all the way back to 1959

I've seen all the great ones in recent history in Tiger Stadium and if the "MATRIX RELOADED" sent me back with a chance to watch them again and I could only watch 5 ... I'd start with these 5 games ... and NOT ONE would be outside of Tiger Stadium ...

1958 LSU 14 Ole Miss 0----------> This was Paul Dietzel's greatest win in Tiger Stadium ... and a chance to see the 1958 National Champs in one of their best defensive games.

1969 LSU 21 Auburn 20------------------>Undefeated LSU broke the Top 10 and looked to make a run for the NC. What a defense, loaded with friends of mine and All-Americans.

1970 LSU 61 Ole Miss 17----------------->LMFAO, the legendary stump jumper derailed undefeated LSU the previous year and snuffed our Championship hopes ... but oh, did he ever pay the price ... gotta remember this year ... we took the SEC title and this was Coach Mac's finest hour, god bless his soul.

1986 LSU 21 Notre Dame 19------------>LSU with the toughest schedule in America beat Notre Dame again and this was Arnsparger's swan song.

1997 LSU 28 Florida 21------------------->The most inspired football I've ever seen ... I could watch it 1000 times ... Spurrier was at his peak, just won the NC in 1996 and was smoking everyone ... even hung nearly 100 points on a poor team from Michigan and everyone was quaking in their rubber boots ... my fairweather fan uncle declined a trip from Houston "so as not to watch LSU be mauled". I KNEW LSU WOULD WIN THIS GAME AND PROCLAIMED IT SO & STILL HANG IT ON HIM TO THIS DAY ... and when we went up 14-0 it was surreal. I remember most every play late in that game as it was frozen in my memory. The only time we beat Spurrier, Florida was physically whipped and would not repeat as NC. The stage is set for a repeat of the FLA/LSU game this year ... BUT---> LSU WILL BE STARK RAVING SANE FOR PAYBACK AND LSU WILL BEAT FLA IN 2004 ... only God knows if LSU will repeat as NC in 2004.

THE 2003 NC game was not on my list and was not exciting because I KNEW LSU WOULD STOMP OU and gut White like a fish ... and they did ... the Dome was exciting ... but there's no place like home in Death Valley, Toto. God, I love LSU Football ... and Hell, if there is one ... is a place where there is NO LSU FB.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The only thing I remember about that game was that on the opening play of the game LSU lined up with the #2 QB as the tailback and he threw a halfback pass for a long TD.

7. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Top 5 games I've attended...

1. 2004 Sugar Bowl vs. Oklahoma
    2. 2000 football vs. Tennessee
    3. 2000 basketball vs. Arizona
    4. 2003 football vs. Georgia (1st game)
    5. 2000 basketball vs. Kentucky

Best road game was at Florida in 2002.

Top 5 I'd pick from all-time...

1. 2004 Sugar Bowl vs. Oklahoma
    2. 1996 CWS vs. Miami
    3. 1959 Ole Miss game (Cannon's run)
    4. 2002 FB at Kentucky (can't pass up the rarity of that play)
    5. 1958 FB at Tulane (62-0 to clinch Nat'l Title, beautiful)

8. verouchi

verouchi KOC-RPH

Mine would be...

1- SEC Championship from 2001 (I was litterally in tears after this one)
    2- The National Championship game (3 game in two years i couldnt go to)
    3- LSU vs Miami (I was in Hawaii at the time and the only LSU fan watching the game in the barracks with about 10 miami fans)
    4- LSU vs. Ole Miss (2003) This years game was so damn exciting and i was proud to be a part of it
    5- LSU vs. Florida (1997) I was not part of it as i was stationed in Hawaii but i watched the whole thing on tv and when my mom called me i couldnt speak...

Others that i wish could make the list:
    Billy Cannon Run (even though it is before my time)
    LSU vs. Tennessee (the overtime game)
    LSU vs. Georgia (during the regular season was a good one)
    LSU vs. Kentucky (the bluegrass miracle- i was part of that one to)
    I have had way to much fun at way to many games as it is...
    Let the Memories just keep on coming...

LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU

9. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I was actually AT the 1997 FU game, Bama 2000, Auburn 2001, and the Sugar Bowl against Illinois.

So I'll pick Billy Cannon's run, the Earthquake Game, Warren Morris homerun, the 2004 Sugar Bowl, and the SEC championship game against Tennessee.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

sugar 04
    warren morris
    bluegrass miracle
    earthquake
    florida 97