If you don't like JJ getting playing time...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUtiger327, Oct 17, 2010.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

you should be happy with last night.

not mad.

what you should be mad about is that lee didn't look great either. it was a total chance for him to be head and shoulders above JJ and he did little to separate himself.

he had one throw that vs anyone else woulda been pick 6'ed.

all in all this team is what we thought they were (channeling denny green).

a very good team with very average QB play.

1 person likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Why? Horrible play doesn't seem to keep him out of the game.

Add up Lee's total playing time the last couple of years. He needs even more reps to progress. Add to that the fact that Miles keeps shuffling them in and out and neither can get into a rhythm. Still if you don't think the offense looks significantly better with Lee even last night you need to go see the eye doctor and get you some coke bottles.

Last night was an opportunity to get Lee a ton of reps in what should have been nothing more than a live scrimmage. The coaching staff wasted a good chance to help him progress.

1 person likes this.
  3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The bad pass you're referring to was thrown after Miles removed JLee from the game, put JJ in for a play - gets a penalty - and then asks Lee to come in and make a big 3rd down throw. MILES completely killed any type of rhythm for Lee on that drive.

Other than that pass, Lee only made 1 other bad pass in the game and that was when the ball slipped out of his hand and hit the ground in front of the WR.

He also had one pass that should have hit TT for a big gain messed up by the refs not calling the PI, and another big pass that he completed to Shepard called back due to a down field lineman.

Lee might not have played "lights out", but he still played good. He even ran for a first down.

It's also hard for you to stand out when LSU only threw the ball 7 times in the 2nd half.

What we do know is that last night with Lee leading the offense they scored 4 TD's, and were in position to hit a FG that Jasper just missed.

5 scoring drives out of 7 is pretty darn good.

And like I've been saying, Lee need reps to work out the mistakes he IS going to make still being green like he is. Giving Jefferson 5 series last night is only hurting JLee's progression.

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Let's see . . . five scoring drives for Lee versus one for Jefferson.

Zero turnovers for Lee versus one for Jefferson.

Lee had nineteen times the total offense yardage of Jefferson (who had 4 yards).

I think Lee is doing just fine for someone the coaches won't take the leash off of.

1 person likes this.
  5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think Lee getting most of the reps (at least it seemed that way) is a sign. They still wanted to see if Jefferson could progress but even against a very inferior team talent wise he seemed to regress. Don't think the coaches didn't notice. I think the days of seeing Jefferson with any meaningful time are over.

6. LSUtiger327

not sure how you get out of my post that i want JJ over JL.

7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Not that you want JJ over JLee. That you said JLee didn't look good either when he lead LSU down the field for 4 TDs and 1 missed FG in the game.

8. LSUtiger327

well LSU looked pretty lackluster as a team and JL was just part of that equation. JJ looked terrible. and as the game went on i thought it would be a good thing to get Lee the majority of the snaps (for the rest of the season).

both guys suffered from drops, penalties, etc. but Lee had a chance to really do well and maybe it's that i don't have the faith in miles/crowton to change things much unless things are overly obvious.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Maybe I am low rent, but I will take 4TD's, no pics every week. Good job JL.

hwr

10. LSUtiger327

maybe i'm being overly critical of the team and by extension JL. maybe miles/crowton will begin to see what's become obvious. one can hope.

LSU played with the same emotion last night that i use to fill out standardized forms.

1 person likes this.