If you don't like JJ getting playing time...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUtiger327, Oct 17, 2010.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Exactly! Lee guided/managed our offense to scoring drives/scoring position on all of his drives (or did we punt once? can't be 100%).

Sometimes you don't need spectacular play from the QB--you just need a game manager. Lee did that. No, his passing stats weren't eye-popping. But he DID only throw the ball 15 times, connecting on 9 of them for 77 yards. He made the throws that the defense offered him.

JJ did NONE of that. The so-called "better suited QB to hurt you with his legs" and "better suited on option-read plays" was OUTRUSHED BY A PURE POCKET PASSER 7 yards to MINUS-9. His releases make Byron Leftwich's look Marino-quick. He hesitates WAY too much and quite frankly, he 'ought to gain 30 lbs. and be a pass-catching TE like DeAngelo Peterson because I'm tired of watching him with a deer-in-headlights look on his face every play.

And Lee's "near pick 6" that people are throwing around.... was it a poor pass? Yes. But watch the replay. Tolliver had his hand out and was in easy position to knock the ball down and at the VERY least, make a the tackle. That defender wasn't going anywhere so quit it.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

And I'm not sure what other role there might be for a QB. So...

1 person likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Special circumstances only. Like Tebow as a Freshman. Leake took them down the field and Tebow specialized in short-yardage situations where his legs were an asset.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You know where I think JJ would be an asset?? Standing next to Miles holding TC McCarthy's clipboard sending in plays. That's where.

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

So you're saying JJ needs to start working on the jump pass?

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I know what you mean. Can you please explain it to the coaches, though? Because I cannot imagine how many days off my life I will lose watching JJ murder LSU drives against an Auburn team who has the ability (apparently) to go on a scoring orgy at any time...

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Gawd no, he needs to channel his inner Cam Newton instead.

8. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

JJ needs to start working on his burger flip.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Agreed. However, I can't think that part of the problem is continuity. Even on the possessions when JL is the QB, he's been yanked right in the middle of certain drives. It's hard to develop a rhythm like that.

I'm frustrated that Miles keeps force feeding us JJ. I'm not a negatiger, but you have to admit he's one of the most bull headed people on the planet. Why can't he just admit that the JJ experiment is a failure? He's obviously regressing; especially as teams created defenses that can stop the 3 plays we run when he's in there.

That said though, it's not like JL would be #15 even if he was the starting/permanent QB. I just believe he gives us the best chance to win.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agreed with your first post in this thread, but do you really think we played with any fire last night? They were as flat as a bottle of coke left open for 7 days. (Ok, that was a hideous analogy).:redface: