If you don't like JJ getting playing time...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUtiger327, Oct 17, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not even that. Just recognize that Lee has passed Jefferson and, like at every other position on the team, when his performance is the best . . . he should start and play most of the snaps.

Lee still has rough edges, sure, but he ain't going to smooth them out holding his helmet on the sidelines.

McNeese showed everyone the way to defend Jefferson, if they didn't already know. Stack the line, bring the defensive backs up and dare Jefferson to throw the ball.

2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I disagree.

Lee is an average college QB. JJ is not. Combine the two and we have below average QB play.

I would take the backup (who started) for McNeese over JJ any day. We are playing with half the offensive opportunities of the other teams.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I wouldn't go that far, but I will say this: On the read option Lee kept last night, I thought his execution was better than what we see when JJ runs the same play 10 times a game. Lee actually put the ball in Ridley's gut and held it there, making the defense commit to SR before he pulled it out and ran for the first. When JJ runs the play, his read is so quick that I'd guess there is no read at all; he's decided before the play begins whether he's going to keep it or hand off.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

well so far, the only QB given a chance at getting into a rhythm is JJ in the first few games and we know what happened there.

let it be known that i would be ok if lee got 100% of the snaps. he is a much better QB right now than JJ. that's where i stand so please take that into account when i say this (because i know for some people there is no such thing as gray area , it's you either think one extreme or the other):

lee was doing things last night that if JJ did he would be jumped all over. lack of accuracy on screens, throwing off back foot, etc.

but i don't understand the "we only passed 7 times in the 2nd half" point. lee wasn't subbed in in garbage time like state and vandy. we threw it plenty in the first half.

but the bottom line is as one poster pointed out, he led all our TD drives and the missed FG drive.

i guess i don't care about style points (just points on the scoreboard). but really wanted lee to have an eye opening game to drive the point home that he should be "the guy".

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Seeing JJ sit in the pocket and hold the ball, and hold the ball, and hold the ball, and hold the ball some more literally makes me sick. I'm screaming "get rid of it" the whole time. It's like he's completely unable to make a reasonably timely decision. His indecisiveness would make Bret Favre jealous.

6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Kinda hard to play with fire when JJ absolutely kills drives for you.

I was fully expecting LSU to look flat last night. Which is why I've said all week that this game should be used to let JLee take all the snaps, get playing time, and MAKE MISTAKES.

JLee lead us on 4 TD drives, 1 FG drive that was missed, and 2 punts (1 that was due to questionable officiating on the series). If TT wouldn't have been mugged on that pass and the Shep pass wasn't called back Lee would have had 140+ yards passing on the night, while going 11/16. Not world buster but at least "good".

Also, kinda hard to get much going with only 7 passes thrown in the 2nd half. Once Miles got the lead comfortable he went into complete run the clock out mode.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Why should I be mad????

I see the exact same pattern as last game.

Jefferson in = punts and turnovers
    Lee in = 4 TDS.

We have to remember that Miles specifically wanted to get the rookie RBs some carries and experience. 7 passes for the entire 2nd half I think qualifies as being consistent with that notion.

I still like my chances with Lee more than Jefferson.

AND HEY .. we r 7-0!! first time since what ... 2004??

:geaux:

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

BINGO!!!!!!

This swapping out crap between average and pitifull is gonig to cost a game next week.

Ridley and Ford are perfectly capable of running the ball. No need for Jefferson to be in there except for special circumstances where you know it is going to be a run.

Lee is the better passer between the two .. end of story.

9. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

Quit the patronizing. We don't need JJ for anything. He's a liablility even holding a clip board.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

What really sucks , even though it didn't happen last night , is that lee drives you down the field and then they let jj come in for the score. Ridley runs his azz off and jj gets to run it in. They do this to butter up jj's stats. They give this poor azz excuse for a qb all the glory for other people's work. And the bitch of it is jj's proud of it. He thinks he's doing something but he's stealing other players stats. It's like going to a club and picking up this hot chick. Getting this prime score home and turning off the light and then someone knocks you in the head and sneaks in in the darkness and hell you can figure out the rest