If you don't like JJ getting playing time...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUtiger327, Oct 17, 2010.

1. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

Um, my brother played on that team and I went to every home game. Brad Davis played a lot. Not sure where you are coming from with that.

1 person likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I could see using JJ in special circumstances, but JL should be playing most of the game. I like the point that we are playing with about half the snaps as our opponent because most of the snaps JJ takes are wasted.

JL isn't flawless, but he is the better QB, and its apparent to just about everyone. JJ could probably benefit from sitting on the bench for a while. It doesn't seem he realizes that he isn't getting it done. It doesn't help the kid to come in and get boo'd. Miles is continue to bungle up the qb situation and has been since or before Perrilloux's expulsion.

1 person likes this.
  3. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

Davis was a situational player who should have been the feature back. J lee has played a lot here too.

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Les would be the one admitting he was wrong. He hitched his wagon to JJ before the season started and tried to convince us he improved. He is still, IMO, stubbornly clinging to the hope that JJ will be what he said.

I predicted 8-4. Bowl game opponents are unknown, so I don't try and predict them preseason. With the Florida win, that would update my prediction to 9-3.

Ryan Perriloux wasn't part of a rotation. He came in on occasion. Secondly, Ryan Perrilloux was a far better QB than JJ.

I don't mind JJ coming in on occasion, but this rotation should be over. I still would rather some sort of a wildcat package.

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Of course he is not flawless. No QB is. Did you see T Pryor this weekend .. throw the game losing int? Mallet and McElroy, both have ints, and Mallets cost them the game. Brantley .. not that he is good or anything, threw the game losing int as well. Cam Newton, Mr Hiesman himself, has thrown 5 ints this season.

But for all the smack talk from the haters based on 2008, JLee has one thing they can't take away from him ... Leadership!! The offense comes alive with him in the game. This is probably because with JLee, it is not so much about himself, but about the team!! Jefferson on the otherhand seems to be all about Jefferson. I mean ... saying you thought you played great when you played like crap is pretty self centered. Blaming failure on everyone but yourself is flat out selfish!

:geaux:

6. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

The worst qb in college football doesn't belong on LSU's team, much less ever seeing the field for any reason.

7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

So wait, we're justifying JJ getting playing time based off of something that possibly could have but didn't happen?

What about the 7 points that JJ spotted both Florida and McNeese the past two weeks? That was A LOT more solid than JL have 1 bad pass with TT all over the guy even if he had caught it.

Suddenly JL isn't allowed to make bad plays? I guess next you're going to be calling for Drew Brees to be replaced too.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

yeah that would be like fans that bitch about games we almost lost....wait.....what??

9. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Edit: Not worth it.

If it makes you happy I'd still complain about JJ's playing if we'd have dropped 2 of the last 3. Oh wait, you'd rather we lose before we make changes that could have prevented it.

10. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I agree the QB play has not be stellar but if you look I believe Lee has led all but 1 scoring drive the last 2 games. It's so lopsided in Lee's favor it's ridiculous. I believe it's something like 9 - 1. Jefferson is a good kid and I feel sorry for him but he doesn't not give us the best chance to win.

I imagine if Lee would get almost all of the snaps he could perform better than he did last night. It's hard to get into the flow of the game if you are continually getting yanked.

This is a classic case of Les Miles digging in and being stubborn. It's hard to argue with 7-0 but many can see the freight train coming...if he continues to stick with Jefferson the train will run us over.

Our defense, ST's and running game are amongst the best in the nation. It's a shame that his "I'll show them" attitude could cost us a legitimate shot at the NC.