If you were an offensive coordinator?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b L e S e U r, May 11, 2004.

1. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

I almost feel sorry for the offensive coordinators that will have to face us next year. With all the defensive weapons we have (and will have come the fall) if you were an opposing OC how would you offensely attack the 2004 LSU Tigers?
    :lsup: :champs: :geaux:

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I guess I'd attack with the run first and see if you've replaced Lavalais sufficiently. I'd then try some passes to the TE to see if your LBs are ready to play. I'd try to set the long ball up with the run, if possible.

It will be very tough to gameplan this D. :(

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Depending on my offensive weapons, I'd go 4 and 5 wide until I just couldn't stand it anymore. My emphasis would be on preventing turnovers and making smart decisions with the football. I'd throw to my TE's and backfield regularly including first down. Pick and choose risky chances and opportunities, win the battle of field position and PRAY!

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I'd get my ten biggest, baddest, Billy-Bob linemen, give the QB a jar of stickum, and resurrect the 'ole Flying Wedge. Three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust all the way to the endzone ..... :lol:

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It would be hard to throw to your backs and TE's a whole in 5 wideout sets. :lol:

6. BB

BB Founding Member

That is exactly why I stated that I would go 4 and 5 wide until I couldn't stand it anymore. Then I would look to backs and TE's in other formations.

7. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Elementary, my dear option. (now that was a bad pun, Groucho would be proud!)

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If our defense is as strong as last years we may just see a team revert back to the fifties and quick kick on 3rd down, play the field position game and try to win on a field goal. Of course that would be pridicated on them actually stopping our offense, which hopefully will not be done.

And if a good OC watched a lot of film from last year they he may just try the dump pass over the middle every other play.