If you were Bass, would you try the NBA or stay.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 3, 2005.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

He shot 2 for 12 last night. I think he needs one more year.

2. Seabriscut

Seabriscut Founding Member

Based on the article posted earlier today, I would most likely try the NBA.

3. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

I'd leave if I were him, and I wish him the best when he does. A great Tiger.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

NBA. The first 3 years you make no real money anyways.

If I were an LSU fan, I would stay 4 years as Bass and win a NC with T Mitchell as a soph and G Davis as a junior.

5. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

he's gone bro and to answer your question, if I were him, yep...I'd be gone too

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

If I were him, my biggest concern right now would be whether to get 26" or 28" rims on the Hummer.

Oh yea, and playing well down the stretch, but really keeping the rims issue at the top of my mind.

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NoLimitMD again."
    funny stuff :lol: :lol:

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

:D

In all seriousness, it depends on what the draft experts tell him about the foreign players and high school players expected to go ahead of him. He needs to work on his ball handling and shooting because he will be matched up against 6-10" - 7-0" guys at the 4 position (garnett, nowitzki, duncan) and might need to get his skills down to the 3 level. This is because while LSU lists him at 6-8" he might actually be around 6-6" and 1/4".

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bass will likely be first-round material and will stick with a team for a very respectable paycheck. He may not be quite ready to start in the NBA, but a year in the NBA will get him ready quicker than another year in college. Meanwhile he draws professional pay and doesn't risk a career-ending injury before he gets his NBA shot.

Bass is gone.

10. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

If the NBA imposes an age limit this year, he has no choice but to stay. However, if it looks like there will be a limit, but it will not be implemented until the following year, then I think he has an interesting choice to make. The first two years this is implemented, the NBA draft will probably be weaker; the best players in these classes would already be in the NBA. This year's draft, since the age limit would not have been imposed, will get a little deeper as 1st year players who may have stayed another year and HSers who may have come for 1 or 2 years, make the leap early. If he knows that they will implement an age limit next year, then it may be in his best interest to wait.