If....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Feb 23, 2005.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

After Last nights great win over Bama (Neltner made the SC top play, whoda thunk it?) i joined my fellow students in chanting "We want Brady!". although i dont think hes the greatest coach, i do believe he is at least partially responisble for recent success.

I have read many Basketball posts from people who say that despite recent success and an almost guaranteed spot in the NCAAT, Brady should be fired regardless at the end of the season.

So let me ask the question
    HYPOTHETICAL! DONT WASTE A POST COMPLAING ABOUT THE QUESTION!

if the Tigers won it all, would you still want brady fired?

if so, who would you replace him with?

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Good for you. I'm glad y'all did that chant..

I don't think Brady should be fired unless we miss the tourny...And even then I don't know if I would still fire him...

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Yes.

Mike Anderson (UAB)

Why? One game doesn't a season make. We have the talent to go into Alabama Poly and Oxpatch and return with blow out wins. Do we have the leadership that allows talent, under control, to ignore a crowd, a hyped opponent, to reach its zenith under such circumstances? Not really.

I moaned during the Dale years about X's and O's, but he put an entertaining product on the court. For all his smoke and mirrors, he would have his kids KNOWING they would persevere and win. The 2004-2005 Tigers have all the makings for a 1986 Final Four run...with one MAJOR exception. I would glady eat crow, but I really am not up for another round of mediocre ball, hoping for a fantastic finish while shelling out bucks on season tickets. And that seems to be a coming trend at LSU.

4. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

Yes. Nolan Richardson

5. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

That's two votes for "40 minutes of hell"; one from the master, one from grasshopper

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I've been quiet about this whole issue for awhile, but the things about Brady that are disheartening to me are: the coaching mistakes he makes, his questionable schemes (off. and defensive,) and what appears to be a lack of control of his team. However, we have won some damn good games this season, and have put on a hell of a run the last few. Brady, like his team, has been too inconsistent this season; it took FAR too long for this team to gel as one. I still think Brady is a young coach on his way up. He has PROVED his worthiness as a coach MANY times this season. He has also botched-up some decisions, but as long as our team succeeds and wins, who cares about any of the petty inconsistencies? I think Brady has learned a lot this season. Regardless if LSU wins the NC, (HIGHLY unlikely,) I think Brady should be back next season--along with Bass.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'm confused ... you guys would really fire a coach that just won the National Championship?

Just the thought of that is pretty outrageous...

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

You are mentally retarded if you think that LSU makes it any farther than maybe a sweet sixteen. Illinois, Wake, UNC, OSU, Mich St., UK... we just dont have the x's and o's to play these guys well into the finals. Im not saying would couldn't win a NC, im saying its highly unlikely. I would be much happier with another head coach on the sidelines, John always makes late season runs to save his job, and I have a feeling, that he wont be going anywhere.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It was a HYPOTHETICAL question ... if the Tigers won it all, would you still want brady fired?

And some responded with YES....

10. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Kinda like "If Curley Hallman won it all" or "would you sleep with a 90 year old Cindy Crawford"... (no and no)