Ignore Feature

Discussion in 'New Member & Help Forum' started by COTiger, Sep 9, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No need to be hostile to him. He asked how to use the ignore function, which is a handy feature for a lot of folks around here. The system doesn't allow mods to be ignored, that's all. We have some opinionated mods that will just have be be ignored mentally.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I respectfully disagree. At least not in his first post, really. Read his first post again. He expressed a negative opinion of two posters...and he did it TWICE, in separate posts. That was uncalled for and it's him you should be addressing but I still love you man. Phuckhimthough.

3. red55

So, . . . he is also opinionated and can say what he wants. What else is new?

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There's a PHP edit that can accomplish this but there's a HUGE drawback. Anytime Brett updates the software the edit has to be done again. Of this, I'm sure.

I'm betting that any user that ignored a staff member would have to go back to the ignore list and re-do it again...which is your second drawback on the user end.

As a side note, the coders of XF have said (going back to their days at vB) if a member wants to ignore a mod chances are that member needs moderation. I can't say I agree with that, but it's their opinion and they hold that proverbial key to how this works.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

whatever tidefans board did, the right way to do things is likely the opposite.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. red55

Don't confuse Terry's board with the amusing homers at Tidefans. He bailed out of there before anybody else, he is the Moses of the SEC realists. Let my people go.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i said tidefans.

although I did infer.

it was intentional.

it is gumpweek.

is that HSV queer dead yet.

im bringing back the word queer.

i like hitting enter.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've no idea what that board is doing now on the software end, content wise, etc. If I were to guess, the last time I looked was four years ago. To my knowledge they are still running with vBulletin.

FWIW, when @BRETT made the switch from vB to Xenforo it was the first time I'd seen it in action. I asked him why he'd made the switch, got a good answer, and started exploring what it could do.

Sooo, just after spring camp this season I switched from vB to xF and I'm having a blast with the software. It's amazing to me what all can be done. I've joined a few of the ADMIN sites related to this software just to learn more. Bottom line, fun hobby.

I went a different direction than Brett and decided to build my own styles...and quite frankly, haven't decided which I like better. Like I tell the members, it's always a work in progress. You can take a look here if you care to...just goes to show the flexibility xF has...ignore the front page...I've not even begun to delve into what can be done there.

KyleK and tirk like this.
  9. the old picker

the old picker The old picker

TerryP you have a good looking site ! I am going to send my Bama friends your way . One played for Bama , back in "The Bear " days and we do have fun . We are seting up our own tailgate party in my band room ,

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member