I'll Have Some Crow Gumbo

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Sep 15, 2018.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I think you’ll see what your describing over time with this current coaching staff, but time meaning 2-3 years, not games. Saban’s teams won without being world beaters early in his time at Bama, but didn’t look like the well oiled machine that they are now. It’s natural to compare the current regime’s successes/failures with recent patterns as being a “tendency to play down or up to competition”, but I think it has more to do with time the current coaches have had with key players and developing their skill set along with reps in their playbook/game plans. This is a different offensive philosophy/staff with different players. 2-3 years from now, the Troy’s and SELAs will be much more convincing wins. To me, this is more about fan expectations than “team tendencies “ to play up or down to competition.

Brian, didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This.

I want to see another 35-40 passes. These receivers need to get up to speed just as much as Burrow.

Brian, lsu-i-like and Bengal B like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I want to see more running next week. Curry and Fournette need to get up to speed.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Surely you can’t be serious...

Brian likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Very serious. No way we are going to have a shot at Bama, Georgia and even Moo U without a sound running game. You realize we ran 45 times yesterday? Glad we did kept the rush off of Jeaux.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Seemed pretty balanced yesterday, passing game requires more choreography than running (though OL blocked both pretty damn good; OL coach earned his check this week).

A lot of Eaux’s “questionable” hires look like they’re working out - WRs are improved from last year. A lot of improvements all over the field with a bunch on young players seeing serious time. We even have a stud QB waiting in the wings. If Eaux can get people believing again (that is, win big games) recruiting should be way up this year too.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Recruits have to love this game! Stud RB's should see we have place for them here, hear that Cain and Emery?

LSU_4_LIFE and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Whoa Meaux ... Next year???
    Burrow has two years of eligibility!

Brennan or Sale might not see action till 2020 Fall Season ... Also there is a 4-game redshirt rule new for this year ... Just sayin!

Burrow could stay healthy and Brennan might only be used for 4 games or less

Now ...
    which 4 games do you let Brennan play in!

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Emery would rather go wait in line at Georgia.

Tiger bait!

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Brennan (stick boy) needs a lot or Cora's rice and gravy and lil Ed's bread puddin. Redshit the Stick Boy if possible use him only if we have to. Sale is good and the new walk on Aycock is an intriguing QB. Big kid can run and a good arm. Look him up and watch his vids Lige he's mean as a rattler and twice as fast.