I'll Take the Win

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

we said that 3 of the last 5 weeks.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Who's "we", not me.

3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I'm with you, Tiga.

John Elway used to say "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good."

Truse me, I saw every game he played for the Broncos, and he was lucky a LOT of the time.

But he's also in the hall of fame...:geaux:

4. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

A total myopic view to today's performance. Lee did not look "pretty good." Both QB's were terrible, play calling was terrible. Coaching was terrible. Defense and special teams did not win us this game as everyone seems to believe will happen in every game. We scored TD's on the first and last play of the game ONLY....we threw 3 INT's. One in the endzone on a fade route that LEE threw inside and short.

The only thing I saw Lee do that impressed me was yelling at the coaches to "Run the ball."

Have you watched Auburn this season? I have a few times and they will beat us soundly if we don't make great improvements on Offense. And since when is it acceptable to "guarantee" a loss. If that isn't a problem for you then that's very sad. We should be competitive in every game and anything less is unacceptable.

5. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

You are a MORON for even thinking about our BCS ranking, how bout that? By the way, not that it matters, a win is a win now for the majority of the formula. You stay worried about ULM an ULL.....Now get back to your coloring books.
    It is the worste 5-0 ever, but it is better than the best 0-5 ever!

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I was certainly not a Lee proponent. I wanted him to play/start...just to see, and also to shut the booing up. But to say he didn't play well and didn't lead is silly. If he plays the whole game, he throws for 300 yds! Yes, the INT was awful. But do you think JJ completes that 4th and 14? I don't. Lee also would've had the sense to know to spike the friggin' ball. JJ is done.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm rather speechless after this game.

Had we lost, it may very well have been the final nail in Les' coffin. He'll only regain any of my faith if we win the West. I've never seen anything as bone-headed, coaching-wise, as the last 30 seconds of that game. D@mn.

That being said, I'm a lot happier than I would've been if Dooley hadn't sent out a 6, 4, 3 defense for the last play.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

[​IMG]

I'm just not going to throw in the towel yet. I remember driving home from the Arky game in '07 thinking the season I wanted would not be and it turned out being exactly what I hoped for.

Granted we're not going to win an NC this year, maybe we can still beat Florida, Auburn and Miss. I thought the Bama game would be a lot worse last year too so who knows?

9. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I don't think anyone is throwing in the towel and giving up on the season, but you should at least understand the frustration at what we saw today and the entire season so far.

LSU did not earn that win. Thirteen players on the field did not cause the terrible clock management and the missed snap on the "second to last play" of the game. And you can get as literal as you want and say we scored more points so we earned the win, but scoring a TD on the first and the last play only doesn't give me warm fuzzies for the rest of the season.

Brando said it correctly, we are the worst 5-0 team in college football.

10. cajunbob678

cajunbob678 Founding Member

sad but true, I might need to be drunk to watch the Bama defense play against the LSU awfense