I'll Take the Win

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 2, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree with your post in its entirety. I'm SO MAD I'm trying not to think about what I saw, can't you tell? :)

2. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

Well, four turnovers, dropped passes, and a ton of penalties, whether they be on the first play or middle of the game or in UTs case the last play tend to even out. Our luck was bad for 59+ minutes, but it got better in the 60th. F-em

3. floridatigers

F-Brando too...

4. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Actually, it was all a part of Miles' evil plan: "if we look confused, we'll confuse them and we'll get 'em with no time left for a comeback."

No, I'm not that stupid. Just trying to have a little fun. C'mon you folks are worrying too much to have any fun at all.

Was it ugly? Yep. Were there a lot of boneheaded moves? Yep. And yet, by the grace of the football gods we left with a W. Those are lots more fun than L's. Trust me on this one. I remember once we lost a game and ....the sun came up the next day and we won the next game.

A GAME. That's all it is. It's not a reflection of YOUR personal worth unless you make it so. I don't know about you, but my team won today.:geaux:

5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Fish, I'm going to be the downer, again, but other than the umpteen screens Lee threw that made his % look good, the majority of his other throws weren't that good. The INT in the endzone (you could have made a better throw), the near INT in the back of the endzone I could have thrown away, and the lob straight in the air on a throwaway were just terrible.

The 4th and 14 play was nice, but it was behind TT (and thankfully TT caught it off his hip). And yes, the bomb was a beautiful pass. But overall, Lee looked like the Lee from Auburn '08. A couple of terrible passes, a couple of beautiful passes, a lot of junk, and a win to smooth it over. He did show leadership, but also had a delay of game, and then called the last time out.

I REALLY hope not, but he will be mauled by the Florida defense. It won't be pretty.

The bottom line is that he is indeed better than JJ, but not by much. We still need a QB ASAP, not that you disagree. Until then, we do need to stick with Lee... until we all call for JJ again. :hihi:

6. floridatigers

With you! Now I get to watch my Gator neighbors squirm...

7. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Brando can bite it. We've beaten North Carolina and West Virginia. We are 3-0 in conference play. Has it always been pretty to watch? NO, but I'll take our wins over those of such highly ranked teams like Wisconsin who play the likes of Austin Peay. We may be the worst offensive 5-0 team but this team is still undefeated against decent competition. VT lost to James Madison for crying out loud. Nobody's calling Beamer an idiot. Tiger fans have all the right to complain as far as I'm concerned, but I won't join in when the national media wants to start piling on. I'm surprised ESPN has taken their heads out of Saban's jock long enough to notice LSU played a game today. Brando thinks speaking bad about his local team makes him a genius. Brando blows.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, we probably are in agreement here. I just think Lee gets a pass for not having played in so long.
    -
    Those screens? He came in and threw them. There was no hesitation...no confusion...and they were on target. JJ can throw screens too. Most of the time this season, the receivers have had to contort their bodies to catch them though.
    -
    Lee seemed to get more confident as he got more rythym. He found a go to guy in RR. I could've told him that. But even TT caught his passes.
    -
    I have no visions of grandeur for Lee. But he played well except the INT and a couple early "I'm still skeered ****less" moments. And yes, I could've made that throw. I wouldn't have though. I wouldn't try a fade to my shortest receiver.

I forgive him for the TO too. It was 4th and 14. If there's ANY confusion, you gotta call it.

I promise Lee would've just stepped up to the line at the end and got the snap, then clocked it. Probably with 20 secs left. JJ is completely clueless.

9. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Beautifully said:thumb:

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I said it before, a win is a win. Was it ugly, yes. Was it better than losing, yes. We're 5-0.

A few posters mentioned Brando -- I'm so sick of CBS and ESPN and how they cover LSU. The tools on CBS today were drooling over Matt Simms, the Tenn RB and Dooley. It was sickening. Other than a couple of props they gave to PP, they had nothing good to say. How about our defense?

I thought Brando was a Louisiana boy. Does he not like LSU because he couldn't get accepted there and had to go to Northwestern State?

:geauxtige