'Illegal' is the Key Word

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Mar 6, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i know, you are the one who wants to run the economy by forcing you will on people. raise minimum wage? who are you to tell me how much i pay my employees?

not if you have your way, and you are allowed to force your will on people by raising the minimum wage, because you know what is best for everyone.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

funny thing... so do you. maybe you and jsracing can start up a political party "Opposing Viewpoints for YOUR best interests!"

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

that would be nice, but of course my intention is to let people decide for themselves what is in their best interest by not forcing government regulations upon them.

i dont favor reworking things to fit what i deem to be your best interest, i favor allowing situations where all the choices are yours. for example i dont favor my own special brand of minimum wage law. i support no law of that kind whatsoever. so i am not so much favoring imposing my will on people as much as i am removing yours and allowing people their own lives and decisions.

so i am not imposing my will on anyone. if you want to pay your workers a fortune, fine. if you want to pay them next to nothing, thats also fine. you might not be able to hire anyone, and the workers may work for your competition instead, but that is your choice, not mine. i am not your king or your dictator.

to portray my pespective as "knowing what is best for everyone" is actually pretty dishonest. you know better, but you tend to react emotionally and distort my views. like on abortion, you continually lie about me and claim i favor killing everyone.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Just a question for ya martin,

What would keep firms from colluding and setting wages artificially low with no minimum wage law. I agree with you in large part, but there are wrinkles to the logic.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think the economy is large enough where you cant get everyone to collude. there is always somebody ready to act normal and take away the best employees by actually paying them market value. if you mcdonalds and BK collude, wendy's would hire away all the elite burgerdummies and immediately have a huge upper hand, by doing nothing more than keeping their wages the same and not colluding. so the motive to not collude is strong in a competitive market.

plus if the wages are super low, they wont be able to find qualified employees. isnt it the case right now that minimum wage jobs are struggling to hire people? it appears to me that there is no time that mcdonalds is not hiring. the market won't let wages get much lower (for english-speakers at least)

6. LSUDeek

you have claimed on numerous occasions that the whole world (everyone) would be better off if there were no religion. this is one example where you believe you know best for everyone. this is a simple yet overarching example of your opinion on most political issues.

while i don't have concrete proof (because the posts in question appear to have been deleted.. i concede that there is doubt on this), you have said verbatim that you condone killing. the discussions were in the context of discussing morals and abortions and that you realize abortion is murder but that you don't care.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

that is true. this is goal i would like to accomplish through an open dialogue, where we can be frank about discussing things with tiptoing over people's precious faiths. a world where i can call the pope a moron without offending people, and we can flush korans down the toilet and write funny muslim cartoons without problems. i am asking for an open dialogue, not forcing my will on anyone. so while i do think i know best, i don't favor imposing my views on you. i want to talk you out of being christian, not force you out of it.

haha! maybe it is a conspiracy and i have teamed up with the mods to erase my tracks.

nothing was deleted, you read what you wanted to read into my words, which i choose carefully, because i am amazing.

what i said was that in the specific context of abortion i favor people being able to murder their babies. this is hardly an outlandish opinion. most people dont like to say it that way, but they agree.

of course that depends on the defnition of murder, which i for the sake of argument i vaguely defined as killing innocent people, then yes of course abortion is murder. some people might define murder as killing innocent people who are self aware and express a wish to live, and thats fine, that is their definition. it is just a sort of meaningless parsing of words. the poiont i was getting at is that i do not believe human lief is sacred. but dont go off all crazy and try to define that as me favoring random and brutal mass-killing of adults. that would be a fine lie to help your argument along, but a lie nonetheless.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

and for the record i dont have a real stand on illegal aliens. although i leaning toward welcoming our immigrant friends in with open arms, provided we kill most of the free stuff we give away to poor losers. vamos, amigos!

9. LSUDeek

you will never succeed in that because Christ is real and did live and did die for me, but you are welcome to keep plugging away. also i do believe that you would secretly be in favor of the us government banning all religions.

awesome.

if in some weird alternate universe most is equal to under 50 percent of the world's population then i agree with you. you have stated before how bad you are at mathematics so i will forgive this glaring error.

http://www.zogby.com/soundbites/ReadClips.dbm?ID=6982

i concede polls are usually run by agendists and liars but given the majority monotheistic population of the educated world, i believe i am right. the uneducated africans and tribespeople wouldn't even think to do such a thing obviously.

i do not believe you are in favor of genocide or even mass killing-- i've never precisely stated that. however, when you do not believe human life is sacred, as you have just stated, you would be in favor of individual instances of killing whenever it suits or pleases you. of course you follow the utilitarian philosophy of abstaining from such killing because of the legal consequences.

this is what atheism brings about... anything is possible.

10. LSUDeek

incidentally the correct term to use would be vengan, amigos... you are telling your friends to leave.