'Illegal' is the Key Word

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Mar 6, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

ok, well i will do my part.

lucky for me i dont have to defend my opinions that only exist in your head and not mine.

i appreciate that. most numbers appear to be jibberish to me. i should have more specifically stated that people who are "pro-choice" are also pro murder in the same sense that i am. they dont like to say it that way though, for ovbious reasons. "most" or not, the pro-murder perspective is pretty ordinary.

yes, like in wars or for murderers or euthanasia. this isnt some slippery slope where pretty soon i favor killing people who are smelly or because they step on my foot.

lucky for us we have reason, where we can use our brains to decide how to maintain our own happiness. and a society where willy-nilly killing is happening is scary and doesnt make me happy. so i arrive at the conclusion that we should limit the killing, even without a magicman telling me.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

in my building all the spanish people scream vamos at their kids when they want them to come along with them, i dunno what is up with that. i figure it literally means "come on, lets go!". or at least that is how is i am gonna use it.

also vamos is plural so i would be saying we go together, implying that we are not splitting up, but going together. so i'm not telling them to leave.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

if human life is sacred, then a fetus and an old person are equally important. we don't get to arbitrarily assign value to either of their lives. to support your misguided views on those subjects you make stupid statements like "human life isn't sacred" yet try to cover your ass with "willy-nilly killing is scary". it's just as scary to kill a baby because you don't want it as it is to kill someone for being smelly or stepping on your foot. most normal, well-adjusted people realize this.

4. LSUDeek

correct, because los ninos are together with the familia in that instance. it means "let's go"... and even that's incorrect because the "nos" has to be applied. either "nos vamos" or "vamonos". pedro and tito are 1500 miles away in cucaracha.

all of these native speakers would fail spanish 101 actually so it's a moot point.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

interesting. in my building there are lots of spanish people who are actually from spain, who i love to listen to, as well as lots of latin americans, who sound drastically different. the spaniards sound really classy (and are impossibly sexy and thin). its like english gentry compared to cockneyed trashy brits. its all good for me because nothing pleases me more than listening to languages and dialects.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

right but i dont agree that human life is sacred. and neither does anyone who favors war or capital punishment. we all accept that there are times when killing has to happen. like i said, that doesnt mean there is a slippery slope and we are slughtering mofos.

i do. i assign more value to myself now than i did when i was a fetus or when i am 98 years old. i will be a helluva lot less pissed about my death if i make it to 98. i am similarly less upset when my grandma dies relative to my mom. my granny had a good run, my mom has lots of miles left on her. her life has more value, according to me.

but that isnt the case. we as a nation have decided it is ok to kill babies, but not smelly peeps. you might say we are a nation of abnormal, poorly adjusted people, but we have made a distinction.

7. LSUDeek

it was very special to me to outachieve the colombians, mexicans, and spaniards in the written portion of advanced placement spanish in high school. listening to my fellow whiteboys stumble over the speaking tests was somewhat disturbing though, especially since i had to struggle along with them.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Red it's a gross overstatement to say it is " the entire agriculture industry"

here let me give you an example of just ONE commodity that shoots holes in your theory.
    They grow cotton ALOT around here and it's a seasonal job for some of the workers that drive the combines and module haulers. SEE LOCALS. amazing

You are most welcome to be my honored guest and come check it out for yourself.

I have no idea what it pays but if they could pay illegal aliens to do it for less they would and I bet you mine and your life savings the cost of your bib overalls wouldnt drop a DIME.
    You know that. greed man never underestimate human greed.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Um actually martin it isn't "ME" its the majority. while my view and the majority aren't ALWAYS in line, I vote then go by what they decide. Which thankfully I've noticed is a good bit different than your views. There must be a God just for that small miracle alone.

good day.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Deek, while I am adamant about my views, I understand the principles of "majority rules". I am not trying to force any new ideas on anyone. Just trying to point out some things. It may or may not concur with yours, or martin's or Red's. Martin has a right to express his ideas, even if they are quite silly IMHO. :grin: