Illinois

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CreoleGumbo, Dec 9, 2001.

1. CreoleGumbo

CreoleGumbo Founding Member

I hate to be negative but now that we're goin to the SugarBowl, does anybody really CARE that we're playin ILLINOIS?!?!?!?!?

Why can't we get a damn Florida State or another team that'll at least bring us some people that care about footbal?!?!?!?

I'm just gonna get drunk and have a good time.

GeauxTigers!

2. tigerhater69

tigerhater69 Founding Member

I 2nd that, Vols will play Mich much better of a matchup as far as tradition and histroy.

3. Louisianole

Louisianole Freshman

I wish we could help you Creole.Sadly,we'll be in the Gator Bowl.[​IMG]

4. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

I don't know if they are over-rated. They did win the big 10, albeit in an off year, and they are still only ranked 7th in the nation. And I don't think LSU is underated. I think the Tigers are the highest ranked 3 loss team. I predict LSU will be a 3-6 point favorite.

5. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

I agree, Illinois doesn't excite me in the least. I hope our team doesn't feel that way.

6. Illinois84

Illinois84 Freshman

We're not worthy...

I humbly beg your forgiveness for the inconvenience of having to play our unworthy football team. I'm sure you're more deserving of spending New Years Day playing for the National Championship, than to be bothered with a lowly over-rated Big Ten team. I only hope you don't blow us out in the 1st quarter, so that our 50 or so fans who do show up won't be too terribly disappointed, even though they are realistic enough to understand that defeat is inevitable. They'll appreciate getting to watch a true powerhouse in LSU, rather than those 'wannabees' from Nebraska that we would have faced. In the end, our team will be honored to have been able to play on the same field as yours, and they only hope to not get too much of their blood on your pretty uniforms.

:D

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I like the sarcasm. The year Illinois had should show why we need a playoff. They are not even considered for Pasadena in a year with a 10-1 record and Big Ten Champs. I'm not sure who the non-conference opponents were, but what else can you do to prove your case? People say it was a down year for the Big 10 and SEC but I think there are just more good teams from top to bottom. The south just perceives Illinois to be a basketball school like Kentucky is for us. Do you guys at Illinois feel that the program is on a rise (like we do) or was it just a year that you rode the arm of Kittner to a surprising season?

8. Illinois84

Illinois84 Freshman

While no one in the Illini faithful can honestly say they expected a 10-1 season, I definitely feel that Ron Turner has made tremendous strides in improving the football program, and our success was due to much more than just Kittner. The success this year will translate into better recruiting, and the overall makeup of this team should compete at the top of the Big Ten for years to come.

9. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

OK guys, let's not get ahead of ourselves now. Illinois is a very good football team. They have an outstanding quarterback. I know sometimes the polls are BS, but they are the 7th ranked team in both polls.

I am expecting a good ball game. Power vs Speed. Playing on turf is definetely an LSU advantage in this one.

10. Illinois84

Illinois84 Freshman

We play on turf as well...and we're no slowpokes.
    My prediction: Brandon Lloyd outcatches your Biletnikoff Award winner. (We have better DB's!)