I'm a Tiger's fan this weekend

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jokerama, Nov 5, 2009.

1. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

It is directed at you because you take a thread, on an LSU forum, about a Tennessee fan rooting for us and post a slight against them when they played you.

I am just saying, personally, if I was a fan of Bama, I would not be trying to make any jabs at a Tennessee team that held you until the final seconds of a game; you got extremely lucky their field goal kicker couldn't clear an ant pile.

Mount Fat didn't do anything special; Trindon Holliday could have blocked that extra point.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Now, what part of what you just said, is not happening on practically every post. You just did it again on this one. You do know the concept: Point, counterpoint. I wouldn't worry too much for your tenn. buddy, from the tone and words I detected, he's probably familiar with the drill.

So if LSU barely pulls out a win, that wouldn't be anything you would be interested in reminding me of. I like that concept. Now that's the Golden Rule.

I'm not sure Trindon Holliday is all that, but I'm sure anything I say to you, is not that big a deal, Right? (insert insult here).

You sure about TH up the middle?

3. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

All is fair on my own team's forum but it would be different if I went on to a Florida forum and posted a slight about Bama. What's the point?

And the main thing I am trying to say here is the Bama fan base really have nothing to be tooting their own horn about with than Tennessee game.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Topic back to our newest fan, Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride on the bandwagon. We appreciate your support. BTW hopefully our coaches are taking note as to what UT did to keep the game so close.:geaux: :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I'm trying here, OK, you tell me how that tenn. fan and this Bama fan are not created equal by your definition . Now what just happened? He just expressed his feelings for Bama and I expressed my thought. My point: It still won't smell like victory, that's all .
    It would seem it really is more his argument than yours, but hey that's just me.
    " Nothing to toot our horn about?" Think of your most bitter rival, fighting for sec championships forever. One point or fifty, it matters to us, and it matters to you.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

No offense, Mack, but you need to grow some thicker skin. He's a Bama fan, a little $hit talking is expected. As long as he doesn't get too out of hand, I see no problem.

7. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I really don't understand how I need thick skin. I really don't care that much. My original post was merely intending to state that if Tennessee, a team the Gumps lumped in with SCar to look past, had kept it that close with LSU, I would not be on a forum boasting about it.

Take, for example, last season. LSU, as horrible as we were, fought Alabama to overtime. Bama was coming in with the intention of putting 50 on us and look what happened. If I was a Bama fan I would not have been bragging about barely beating us

That is the gist of it, I was simply pointing out that I would not be bragging if I were you.

8. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I am a Tiger fan every weekend and during the week, too.

9. Bobbielee

Bobbielee Fair Weather Fan

You got it right.

Both teams will be really up for this game much like the one in Baton Rouge. Bama peaked early LSU is still moving upward and gaining momentum.

The voices in my head tell me LSU 34 Bama 20

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

My mistake. I misunderstood the tone in your post.