I'm back (Clemson Fan)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Prime T. Tiger, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Prime T. Tiger

Prime T. Tiger Freshman

Hey folks, for my final post on your forum. I wanna say thank you for a
    great game and for all your classy fans. You have a great team and our
    Tigers stive to be alot like you guys. I said all along Clemson had its
    toughest test against THE best defense we'll play all year and the most
    physical running attack.
    SO can I ask you guys this? Were we alittle more than you expected?
    Take care fellow Tigers, and good luck in 2013.

2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

no, i don't think you were more than we thought. our biggest challenge for years now has been from within...meaning our offensive coaching and predictability. we have the horses. you can't expect a defense to play 100 snaps and remain competitive, especially when injuries happen. our defense, i think, is built to bend but not break. same held true last night. will things change for us on the offensive side of the ball? it hasn't yet, so i have to think not. if we're going to win another championship i can't help but think our defense will have to play lights out!
    i commend you guys, you faced adversity and kept on plugging away.
    btw, is your "final post" also your first post?

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

No you were who we thought you were.
    You were a team playing its NC game. A team playing for an 11 win season for the first time in 30+ years. LSU had 13 last year alone.
    You had a lethargic, listless LSU team and fanbase that didn't even want to be there. A team of LSU players that were more worried about swag and the experience than winning the game.
    You were the benefit of some VERY favorable calls.
    You had one of the worst coaching performances in LSU history. Which is saying a lot.

With all that being said LSU playing one of its worst games since well Jan 9th of the same year.
    And you needed a 4th and 17, a highly questionable PI call and a last second field goal to win....

So no... You were exactly what we expected. A team LSU should have beaten by 50. But Our coach and offensive game planning prevented it from happening yet again.
    so you were given a gift. You know it as well.

gynojunkie likes this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Miles ball

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Much respect for Clemson, they were highly ranked for a reason and came to play. However this game was won/lost on the sidelines.

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

It wasn't just lost on the sidelines, it was also lost in between the sidelines. As an example, Vadal Alexander had a very bad night. He looked hung over and out of shape. The secondary seemed to let Clemson's receivers get behind them all night long. Mettenberger looked as accurate as a professional billiards player whose contact lenses both dropped out.

But...you are correct that coaching brain farts pretty much gave the game to Clemson when all we needed to do was tick another minute off of the clock.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No doubt some individual battles were lost, but none that lost the game. Why would you continue to drop back and throw incompletions when the DL is getting a great pass rush and youre averaging 10 yards a carry? An 11 point lead in the 4th and this staff couldnt sqeeze out more than one yard of offense? The game was lost 100% by the coaching staff.

8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Feels so similar to that 11/3 game. It will sting for a few days.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Tahj Boyd is good

Cordelia likes this.
  10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Don't forget #6. the entire secondary couldn't cover him if he was the only guy on a route.