I'm continuing to hear Tim Floyd's name in your basketball search...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I am hearing that South Carolina is after Miami's coach & that Grant may be interested in returning home to Miami if it opens up.

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

And like softball and volleyball as well.

Surf's up.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

That is pretty interesting. I would be surprised if Haith left Miami but I do believe Miami can become a pretty good program...where as South Carolina isn't looking so hot.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Possible but if we get Greg McGarity out of Florida as our AD I am pretty sure Grant will follow even if the Miami job is open. Right now I think McGarity and the Florida Atlantic AD, Craig Angelos, are the leaders to fill the LSU AD spot.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

My comment wasn't an indictment on the basketball team's performance this year. I agree, they probably performed about as expected. My point was, he hasn't built up a group of youngsters that can win a national championship next year or even be Pac-10 champs (assuming Mayo leaves, which is not a certainty but surely you would even put that at 80 percent right?)

Tim Floyd is certainly a great coach and will build a great program somewhere. I definitely don't see him leaving USC, however my point was, there are some things in our favor. His roots are obviously important, and he's not too entrenched there. Do I think he comes, absolutely not, but stranger things have happened.

1 person likes this.
  6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I would think that is a question of $$. Quite frankly, I think Columbia is the arm pit of South Carolina but they do have a good facility to play their games in...practice facilities are another subject.

Of course, when comparing it to Miami, unless you have the $$ there probably isn't a lot of a difference besides more people speaking English in Cola.

I know they have sent "feelers" out to Capel. If I were him, I wouldn't make the change unless there was a huge monetary boost in the move.

7. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

The question is, Is the armpit of South Carolina better than Miami?

8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Basketball is 3rd fiddle behind football and baseball because of a lack of consistent success. Football will always be no. 1, basketball can have a big following, ala Dale Brown's teams in the late 70's early 80's

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I suspect Anthony Grant is at the top of the list.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

We can always count on Negrodamus to come up with unparalleled wisdom.