I'm curious on your perspective...Why did Alabama turn down Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Apr 9, 2006.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I can tell you that in Tex., Miles was respected for his ability to recruit, especially by the A&M alumni. He got kids to go to Stillwater that they wanted. He even occasionally stole one from UT, they disliked him also. So Miles has the ability to recruit. He's likable and has energy, to the kids. They say if he gets in the living room, he can close the deal. I like that about him, for LSU. HE sure put up a solid looking class this year.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Just like their residents, 'Bama likes to "keep it all in the family". :hihi:

'Bama seems to search for coaches that are alum...

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Word on the street is that CLM preferred strippers that looked like women. That was a big-time problem for Bama, as they were looking for more of the Rosie O'Donnell-type.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

This is such an irrelevant and unimportant topic to contemplate that I cannot believe that you don't have anything better to do with your time than conjure up stuff like this.

I'm curious on your perspective . . . what on earth were you thinking when you thought that this would make a good topic for a thread?

:confused:

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I want to compliment Red on a great post! Covered many aspects of the question, with solid common sense. Thanks Red!

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Especially since Miles had not yet been a head coach when Fran was hired, Bama wasn't going to hire a rookie in that situation.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

144 days, 22 hours, 6 minutes, 21 seconds