Im gonna kinda miss Matt Jones

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Mar 1, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

The guys a freak....I hope he does well also...I just remember how talented the guy was going from starting qb to playing a lot of minutes on the basketball team as well....

3. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I was talking to some Arkansas fans this year in Little Rock before the game. I asked them, "Hey, whos the backup for yall?" None of them had a clue who he was. Matt Jones will be missed big time. He was one heck of an athlete and a ballplayer.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I'm going to "kinda" miss him too except when we play the hogs.
    Here is a photo of Claude WRoten taking him down in this year's game with Marcus Spears on the way to finish the job.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I'm not gonna miss that guy at all! Man, how I dreaded playing Arky every season when MJ was at the helm. I wish him well, and I agree he's fun to watch, but the guy was a threat to beat you on any play.

The hogs will miss his leadership more than any thing else....

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

LOL...we LSU fans can afford to miss him since we've beaten him the past two years (shoulda been last three, but...).

I guarantee the Texas fans won't miss that guy at all. I was at that game in Austin two years ago and, judging by the fans around me, Jones was giving them *fits*.

7. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Sure he had little or no weapons surrounding him, but I'm sure going to miss him. . .

Him and his questionable decision making and run before pass mentality no matter how many guys were open. . .

8. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

After watching MJ lead Arkansas for what seemed like 10 years, it will indeed seem like a different Razorback team without him.

9. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Granted I didn't like this kid at the end of the 02 season, but the recent interviews or quotes I've seen from him sound like a pretty nice, humble guy who just wants to play. I hope he finds a spot somewhere and has success.