I'm happy with our coaches ranking

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gandalf, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I like it. It doesn't put too much of a bullseye on our back, but we're not so far down that, if we lose a game, we have to scramble up the ladder to get back in the hunt. But can you believe those losers, voting for USC because they have the easy schedule instead of Oklahoma? If you asked any of those coaches that voted on that thing, who do you think has more talent OU or USC, I bet almost every one of them would say OU, but they're gutless, they don't want to look like they picked the wrong team, so they take the easy way out. USC has such a creampuff schedule, they should go into their bowl game undefeated. OU has the Big 12 to deal with.

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

outside of West Va USC has a easy road. they dont play anyone...

3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

See, I've never understood the logic in that. Because they have the easier schedule, let's put them at the top? What sense does that make. Your road isn't easy enough already, let's give you number one to start off with so you don't even have to work THAT hard.

4. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

USC has a one-game season and only plays ONE ranked team: California (#15). They should be favored in every game all year.

It's a crying shame they did away with the SOS in the BCS!

Let USC wear the bulls eye. Some no name team will surprise them and kick their a$$.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wouldn't it be funny if LSU beat Oregon State by 50 or 60 points and then the Beavers beat the Condoms?

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Wouldn't it be funny if Lienhart broke his f#ckin leg in the very first game of the season against Vtech due to an inexperienced O-line?

Say bye bye to the rest of the season then.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I would be willing to bet that at least 3 of the teams USC plays are in the top 20 by the end of the season and their SOS goes way up as it did last year. They actually had a stronger sOS than we did afet the bowl games last season. The thing I was surprised about was that OU wasn't ranked number one since they get 10 starters back on offense. I wish we were ranked behind uGA as I would rather upset them when we beat em in Athens.

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

#3 is a far cry from the sports rag preseason rankings

Seems the coaches know something that maybe these rags like Athlon and others don't.

Anyway, a #3 coaches poll ranking doesn't show much disrespect to LSU.

We were expecting the coaches to jump on Georgia's bandwagon.

Didn't happen!

Seems a double azz whippin and a 34-13 rout carry a little weight with the coaches :wink:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Wrong. LSU finished #13 and USC #20 in final SOS rankings. OU was #14.

And definitely wrong about the USC opponents. I predict not even Cal ends up in the top 20, therefore none of USC's opponents will be worth shyt.

10. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I dissagree with that. Cal is more than just an offensive fireworks show. They actually look like they have a defense this year.

But I don't know who the other two teams cajdav1 has in mind. Va Tech might be pretty good, but they have an awful lot of distractions to overcome with Marcus Vick's boys being suspended for three games, and him suspended indefinitely. Maybe Noter Dame, they can go 500 and they'll get in the top 20 just so the networks can slap them in a bowl game. BYU may win their conference, but that doesn't guarantee a top 20. Washington State and Wil Derting could be interesting this year. Arizona State has Andrew Walter, but nothing else. UCLA should be better, but not top 20. I dunno, it'll be close. I'd say the over/under is two teams in the top 20 right now that they'll play.