I'm saying it now...Pollack is over rated, and here's why!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

David Pollack is a quality defensive lineman for the University of Jawja.

He is not excellent. He is not amazing. He was not the defensive player of the year in the Southeastern Conference.

What he was was the benefactor of almost CONSTANT double teams by Jonathan Sullivan, the 2002 Jawja defensive tackle who consistently and continually drew double teams because of his talent.

Sullivan-as many LSU fans may know-is now starting on the defensive line for the New Orleans Saints. He was a 1st round draft pick.

Pollack rode Sullivan's coattails to an excellent season, but mark my words, he's no Sullivan, and his draft position will reflect that. Saturday he will be exposed as no better a defensive lineman as Adam McConathy...

LSU - A bunch...
    Jawja - Not as many...

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Calling Pollack over-rated is quite a joke and its very easy to tell the people that haven't watched but a few UGA games. Have you not seen what the guy did against Clemson? South Carolina? MTSU? His presense is insane. He drove USC's OL up the wall and I believe he was a very good OL. He dominated almost every team last year WHILE being double-blocked.

I am not saying the guy will dominate LSU or anyone else but the fact is that he has been incredible all last year and this year.

3. TigerEducated

He was incredible because he benefitted from a BETTER player playing on the inside in Sullivan.

For you to claim that Clemson, MTSU, and South Carolina are valid teams and tests of for your team would mean that you'd have to validate the fact that ULM, Arizona, and Western Illinois are valid opponents.

You can't seriously say that Clemson is a quality opponent. You can't seriously say that South Carolina is a quailty opponent.

Unless you admit that Arizona is a quality school from a BCS conference. Unless you admit that Western Illinois could POUND Lousy-ana-Lafayette into the dirt. j

Unless you admit that MTSU and ULM are a push.

The bottom line is that your opponents are no better nor no worse than ours.

Our offensive line has played SUPERIOR to any opponent thusfar. Your player has played SUPERIOR to his opponents thusfar.

But, last year, Pollack played with a guy that's starting on one of the best defensive lines in the NFL. He replaces Norman Hand, who got paid a FAT contract to sign with Seattle. New Orleans knew the talent, and so do you.

Pollack benefitted from Sullivan on the interior last year, and you KNOW it.

4. SouthLink02

Pollack did benefit from help up front but he is continuing his domination inside.

Yes, I can say that CU and USC are quality opponents because they are deep Rivals with UGA. Look at last year. Clemson blew compared to UGA but they kept it close. USC has had incredible recent success against UGA the last 5 years and put their best OL on Pollack. He just dominated the first 3 games just like last year. How LSU's teams get put into this I don't have a clue. I never compared UGA's schedule to LSU's. I am referring to you calling Pollack over-rated, which he isn't as evident by his awards and continuing play this year.

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Look here, Pollack is not a joke....

Do I think our OL can handle him?...Yes

Do I think our OL can handle him and other guys blitzing?.. thats the question

this game will be decided in the trenches!!!!!!!

6. SouthLink02

Good question. We shall see!!!

7. TigerEducated

Pollack will be neutralized more effectively than a Bulldog dookey smell on a Jawja Sectional by a bottle of Febreeze on Saturday...

8. The guy is an awesome player. I expect that Richt will have him on Reed most of the time because I dont think he's going to get much done against Whitworth. Hopefully he will be kept at least somewhat in check.

9. Billdog

Billdog Freshman

We were wondering the same thing - would Pollack have as much success with Sullivan gone? That question has been answered. Yes! Skip Holtz said it was the first time USC had schemed their entire OL for one guy and what happened? Almost singlehandedly he disrupted SC's OL - holding, QB hurries, Pinkins was lost. Seriously there is something wrong with this dude. He's a machine. Before you say, that's just SC - Pollack has faced the best and come out on top. Will he have a dominating game against LSU? Who knows. But before his career is over at UGA, he will go down as our best lineman ever or at least the best DE ever.

10. DValley

DValley Founding Member

The kid will make some plays, but I think he will not disrupt the game as he did the previous weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.