I'm saying it now...Pollack is over rated, and here's why!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billdog

Billdog Freshman

You may be right but even if that's the case we have other playmakers on defense. In one interview Pollack is quoted saying Gathers is a more talented DE. At any rate, you guys have a great offense so this game should be really fun to watch.

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

"Do I think our OL can handle him and other guys blitzing?.. thats the question"

We have not shown the ability against lesser teams to pick up blitzes yet and that is a big concern of mine this Sat as well. It has not just been about the need to keep extra protection in the pocket, but the lineman look confused at times of whose man is whose.

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I watched part of the Georgia game last week and I'm gonna have to disagree. The dude was all over the QB on nearly every play.

4. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

I agree completely...

The guy keeps up the same intensity throughout the game.

And Pollack wasn't able to tie the UGA SAC record just because of Sullivan. He was able to do it because of the whole Georgia defensive group. You can really credit the secondary for some of his SACs.

And, the Georgia defense this year is just as good as last years defense. The secondary is basically the same. The linebackers are faster than last years group. The DL is solid.

Van Gorder is an excellent defensive coach!

The Georgia defense hasn't given up more than 28 points in a game since 2001.

And the defense has given up an average of 13 points per game over the past 17 games.

I expect that this defense will cut the LSU offensive numbers almost in half. Leaving you guys with about 330 yards of offense and about 23 or 24 points.

The big question I have is this...

Can the LSU defense hold Georgia to under 380 yards of offense and under 30 points?

My prediction again is UGA 30 - LSU 23

If your defense can hold Georgia to under 24 points, you have a good chance of winning...

5. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

TE, you not on the Lair anymore?

When Steltz (sp?) comes around the corner and pancakes him, he'll be wondering where that freight train came from that smacked him.
    (edited by mod)

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I just saw pieces of the South Carolina game and I realize that they've never been known as an offensive juggernaut but Georgia's defense looked good. My preseason SEC magazine had 3 soph LB's starting in the 210-215 LB range for UGA. I've always thought that big LB's weren't necessary (at least in college) but that is awfully small. Are these guys still the starters? Do you (Tigers & Bulldog fans) think that LSU will try to pound the ball between the tackles? I think that would be my early gameplan and then open in up after the run is established. That way, Pollack's pass rushing skills would be negated some until the offense gets in the flow.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Nope, I am no longer there....

As for Pollack, we hear others crowing about his performance last year, and we hear people talking about his performance so far, but that's been against opponents that can tell you NOTHING about his real talent.

South Carolina won 14-7 over UL-L. 14-7....14-7.....I'll say it one more time.....14-7....

Clemson has sh!t for a coach. Care to disagree? I'm sure you would, if only your last name was Bowden.

MTSU? MTSU? Are we REALLY going to say that Pollack dominated that game? OK...I'll buy that....

Just like Lavalais has dominated all three games he's been in with one hind quarter taped up because of a bad sprain, and he's STILL dominated. Just like Spears and Marquise Hill have played lights out the last two games?

You people who put stock in Pollack are either Jawja fans, or you don't realize...this guy hasn't been tested by a decent team yet this year, and marginal players for good teams can dominate against lesser teams.

This Saturday, without a Sullivan to draw double teams, he'll be neutralized and exposed as a player who's excellent one-on-one, but who is just another decent DE in the SEC...

Like it or lump it, he has proven NOTHING this year because of poor competition, and he proved last year that with an NFL starter at DT, he can dominate...

8. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

TE, you want me to loan you $32?
    What's the deal? You and I were the only ones to take on the TAF's b.s.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

LSUtigah, it has nothing to do with the TAF, I assure you...

It is a long, convoluted, and quite comical story, but needless to say that some of the "powers that be" on the Lair have watched the Mel Gibson film co-starring Julia Roberts entitled "Conspiracy Theory" one too many times.

It has become a site filled with Peckerwood Machiavellians, feckless fobs, and duplicitous dons...

But, this is probably a subject best left for an e-mail, sir...as to be honest, I did enjoy the forum, and it had been my homepage for 4+ years.

I must say that Tigerforums.com has been a nice alternative, and that I'm very happy to stay here if my present situation remains the same, if I'm allowed to...

[email protected]

10. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Tiger Educated you might be educated school wise, but your not very Educated football wise for you to be basically calling David Pollack a chump player proves that. David Pollack is one of the BEST defensive players in College Football. When his time for the pro's comes he will more than likely be a first round draft pick. He will be a very good test to see how good our Offensive line really is. If our Offensive line can contain him and keep him quiet all game, we can do that to anyone all year long.

As for you calling South Carolina not a quality team is not very educated either. Granted they are not a top tier team. They beat U LA LA 14-7. They came back the week after and Beat the number 15 Virgina 31-7. Any team in the SEC is a quality team Even Vandy.

Now with all of that being said. I have Alot of respect for Pollack he brings alot to the table, He is fast/quick, strong, and can tackle and will make his share of plays. He is only one player though granted Georgia's D is pretty good, but I just feel like our offense is better. and that will be difference in the game and LSU wins 38-27.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.