I'm saying it now...Pollack is over rated, and here's why!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Uneducated football wise? Well, I won't devolve this into an internet message board peter measuring contest, but I'll tell you that I'm quite astute when it comes to football...

Pollack benefitted from playing alongside a guy on the interior that drew CONSTANT double teams in Jonathan Sullivan last year. He now starts for one of the best defenses in the NFL in the Saints.

He played next to basically a NFL starter last year. He benefitted, and it made him look better than what he actually is.

As for your draft prediction, my next paycheck's against yours says that David Pollack is a 3rd rounder AT BEST...and I challenge you to provide me with one draft site that ranks him as a first round draft pick, sir.

Your argument about #15 Virginia being a good team is RIDICULOUS. They were over-hyped at the beginning of the year, because of their CONFERENCE getting Eastern Coast Bias.

They also were over-ranked because of the simple fact that their quarterback IS their team. He went down with a shoulder injury in the 1st game of the year, and did not play against South Carolina.

It kind of slows down an offense when your best player, your quarterback, and the guy you designed your entire offense around isn't in there, wouldn't you think?

Your propping up of Jawja's opponents, and Pollack's merits, and the logic you use to back it up is riddled with fallacies...

Next?

2. Billdog

Billdog Freshman

Just out of curiosity - how many DL does LSU have that can squat over 700 lbs? Pollack can. I think part of the secret with Davey is that he is low, powerful and quick. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Well, let me just "inform you" about this, Mr. Jawja Joe Weider...

Kevin Steltz is our blocking fullback. A starter when we begin from the I formation...A WALKON...

He BENCHES 500+ pounds, and that's from an 18 year old...

Our S&C Coordinator is the best in the nation...We hired him from Miami in 2000...

Next?

P.S.-->Oh yeah, when you put down your copy of MUSCLEFITNESS, another Rag owned by Joe Weider, stop to consider that former FSU QB Dan Kendra actually leg pressed 1,100+ pounds while at FSU...

Pretty sad when a faggy DE from Jawja is 400+ pounds behind a QB from FSU...

Go you hairy Dawgs!

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Educated You need to chill out. You don't have to dog everyone out just for making points.

5. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Sullivan did help Pollack become successful, but so did the rest of the defense. Several of Pollack's SACs last year can be credited to the secondary coverage.

Pollack has repeatedly said that his success has been the result of the whole unit doing their jobs well.

But don't think for a minute that the Georgia defense isn't as good as it was last year simply because Sullivan is gone.

I hope LSU does try to run up the gut from the start.

6. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Well if history is any indication, you will see us run up the gut a lot at the start. You will also see it at the end when we are running out the clock. ;)

7. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

We'll all be able watch it being played out on the turf come Saturday.

For some reason I am not looking at this game as being a grudge match or heated rivalry. Just two very good teams matched up for an honest contest.

The truth is, I always back you folks when you play the likes of Tennessee, Florida and Auburn...

And besides, I have always enjoyed my visits to Louisiana because of the hospitality that you fine people have extended.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Pollock over-rated? You've got to be kidding me! The guy has been an absolute machine all last year and at the start of this year. He benefitted from a teammate who drew double teams? So what?! The fact was, Pollock was good enough to make teams pay for that. That just scares me more, the fact that the Georgia front four is so good you can't risk double-teaming any one of them lest a defensive linemen not being double-teamed goes on a rampage.

And to say Georgia's schedule is soft is ludicrous. It's stronger than ours, I'll say that. South Carolina-do not put any stock in that 14-7 victory over UL-Lafayette. Lou Holtz ran a painfully conservative offense and nothing more than a base defense, doing just enough to win and not show his hand to UVA. Then they pull out all the stops and bushwhack the Cavaliers. While the Cavaliers were over-rated, and Schaub is their offense and without him they have trouble, UVA is still a good team with lots of talent. MTSU, well, they have MTSU, we have ULM. The jury is still out on Clemson, and they may very well bottom out this year, but anytime you go into a hostile environment such as "the lesser Death Valley" and dominate like they did, it needs to be respected. We on the other hand, have played one of the ten worst teams in 1-A, ULM, an Arizona team which might finish 1-11, and Western Illinois, the #1 team in Division 1-AA (which I honestly have to say has been our best opponent so far).

I think this will be the first game where Pollock will be pushed. He has not faced an offensive line this good since Auburn last year. If he lines up at the right end spot, he will be over Andy Whitworth most of the game. Whitworth is a mighty big boy (6'8", 330 lbs.), our biggest and second strongest offensive lineman (after Stephen Peterman). This is the game within the game right here folks. If Whitworth contains Pollock, the 'Dawgs are gonna have a hard time disrupting our offense. If Pollock continues to be the playmaker for Georgia, we're gonna have problems.

9. Middle Dawg

Middle Dawg Freshman

About Pollack

The boy do draw attention.

He is not a "fraud." Every coach that has schemed against him has come away raving.

You are quite correct that David benefitted from Jon Sullivan's presence last year. Sully was a one man wrecking crew in the middle of the line. But that does not take away from Pollack's ability at all.

But about this schedule stuff...

South Carolina is a respectable SEC team -- typical Lou Holtz -- that plays solid defense, on offense runs well but can't pass. The Chickens are currently 2-1 and should finish up around 7-5. A middle of the road SEC team.

Clemson is now 2-1 with victories over two 1AA opponents and looks to be recovering nicely. They also will finish around 7-5, a middle of the road ACC team.

MTSU is MTSU. They're 0-3 and just got blown out by Clemson.

Arizona is the pits of the Pac 10. They were terrible last year. The team revolted against the head coach and he had to apologize to them to keep his job. He'll be gone by January.

Your other two opponents were in MTSU territory.

No Dawg doubts that LSU has a fine team and that this may be our toughest game of the season. Only a fool would say otherwise.

OTOH, UGA hasn't played only nobodies and David Pollack, a consensus All American last year, is far from a nobody. He might be irritating to our opponents with his "enthusiasm," but a nobody he ain't.

10. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Yeah, both teams are in the same sort of role (top 10ish with great coaches and battling the old school in the SEC for respect). I think that the fans can sort of identify with each other. We have a lot in common and we don't play very often. We both hate Florida and Auburn. We haven't had the big rivalry with Tenn for the same reason we don't have it with you. We don't play them often enough.

Whatever happens the rest of this season, I think that both team's fans will be pulling for the other team the rest of the way through and hoping for a re-match in Atlanta.

Going to be a GREAT game and should start out evenly matched, but our coaching will find your weaknesses and we will prevail big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.