I'm starting to believe

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 13, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i completely agree with you. it's a non issue. why not just let them get married. it really isn't that big of a deal. it's the homophobia factor, people like Palodino who think his kids are going to end up being gay because of gay pride parades. It's really ridiculous.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, for it literally to be a non-issue to you, you wouldnt say:

why do you care if they can get married or not, if it is a non-issue to you? sounds like it is an issue and you are taking a stand in favor of gay marriage.

it is a non-issue to me. i dont care if they get married or not. i dont even care if hetero marriage is illegal. marriage is just some silly forms and religious mumbo-jumbo.

3. LaSalleAve

because if you let them just get married, it will shut them up, and then it's done and over with.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

one person shuts up, another screams louder. i dont care which it is that is screaming.

5. LaSalleAve

you are starting to sound like those crazy right wing lunatics that think if we start allowing gays to get married, people will start lining up at churches with their favorite ewe.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe they will, good for them. for all i care they could make the law that you can marry a bag of popcorn.

what i am telling you is that it doesnt matter. you are trying to claim it doesnt matter to you at all, as long as you get your way. thats isnt the same as saying it doesnt matter. but really, it doesnt matter.

pretend you and cajun sensation are gay lovers. what is the problem? you cant get the proper government forms? who cares? you can still sleep together and snuggle and kiss each other's pickles 100x a day and live together and whatever else it is he likes to do. it is of no consequence that the laws are.

7. LaSalleAve

then stop all marriages all together.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats fine too, but people will bitch about it. i think we should not care about it at all.

but you are right, clearly the ideal situation is that marriage is managed like baptism or any other religious ritual, which if of course another instance in which we should keep church and state separate.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Can we make that retroactive to 1974?

10. LaSalleAve

:rofl: