Imigration Idea

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Apr 1, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What does that have to do with paying them a legitimate wage? I agree they should have to have papers. They should only have to pay taxes if they can receive benefits, but I don't think they should.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If they are documented they will get at least minimum wage. That is what I meant by legitimite. No more 50 cents an hour.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Why? They already have laws that allow them to come over here legally and work for less than minimum wage. I see no problem with keeping it that way.

4. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Whatever will keep illegals out. Wall, fence, electrical dog collars, whatever. If not, we're going to be doing this every 10 years. We already legalized about 4 million of them in 1986. Now it's 2006 and there is supposedly 11 million to legalize. How bout we just stop them and discuss then what to do with the ones here illegally.

Just like after 9/11.....the hijackers were here on legit visas. Those visas had run out and then they could not be found.

OK, well what I thought after 9/11 was......no immigration or visas for 2 years. We revamp that system and while we are we find every m'fer here on an expired visa and kick them home.

But no, what do we do, keep letting people here on visa and then lose them when their visas run out. Man, I feel safe.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is why more 9/11's will probably happen.
    We have forgotten about 9/11 in our country politically.
    Its like it never happened.
    What will it take to wake up our leaders in both parties before its too late?
    They are too busy finger pointing and playing politics while the country
    is falling apart, one day it will be too late.
    I heard a comment from someone who lost a loved one on 9/11 saying he wished
    flight 93 would've hit the capital.
    Did he truely mean it? I don't know?
    But our reality of today might've been truely different today if that happened.

Some great points in this thread...
    Politicians on both sides pandering votes from Mexicans and the
    drain of our economic system by illegals, taxpayers paying for illegals receiving
    services for schooling and healthcare.
    Maybe if Illegals had to be paid the same as Americans employers would hire more Americans, I don't know?
    Does anyone think that their is no jobs Americans won't do if they have too?
    Personally, I knew a few people in my lifetime that were unemployed because
    they were too selective, I know that they were jobs available but no way they would ever do certain jobs.
    I've always did what I had too, to make a living no matter the job.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Mexicans don't
    bomb things. 9/11 happened mainly due to a break
    down in intelligence &
    communication - much less so due to an immigration issue. Mexicans are
    making the country fall apart?

We're
    at
    full-employment. Availability of jobs is not a problem. Why
    is that an issue? We don't have
    to take
    those jobs, thats why we can leave them to immigrants. The drain on our economy by
    illegals is easily
    accounted for with all that they add
    to it.

And that's the same
    thing the
    mexicans are doing.

7. Sourdoughman

Why don't you call me a dumbass or retard or something?:dis:
    No since trying to have this conversation when its so obvious that certain
    people on this forum like to make fun of me.:redface:
    This forum aint as fun as it use to be, don't understand what I ever did to
    a few people.:dis:
    Do you really feel that much smarter than I?:)
    Thats fine I need a good laugh!:yelwink2:
    I've never typed quite like that in my life btw!:nope:

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I didn't say anything about your intelligence or insult you at all. I poked fun at your formatting style, that's it. It was just a joke.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Talk about sounding stupid. A crime is not a crime and breaking the law is not breaking the law. There are various degrees of criminality. There are misdemeanors and felonies. Not only that, but there are various degrees of seriousness in those two categories. Speeding is not as serious as DWI. Most Mexicans are simply trying to get a job so they can support their families. They do not have what is referred to as a criminal mentality. They are not predators. Unfortunately, the means they have chosen to do this is a crime - not a serious crime, but a crime. But to equate them to rapists is rediculous. But not-the-less, they need to be stopped. Every nation has a right to secure its borders. For a long time now I have advocated a wall at least 30 feet high and an additional 10 feet below ground running the length of the Mexican-US border. Of course we probably will never see it because some idiot is bound to equate it with the Berlin Wall. There is talk of building a fence, but I question how effective that will be.

10. Sourdoughman

U know, I seem to be the bud of so many jokes lately that I'm thinking of changing my name to Candydoughman or something.:hihi:
    I haven't thought of the proper name yet though.:lol:
    That was only an example.:wink:
    Time for some shuteye.:grin

One more thing, I just may have to hire myself a part time secretary to type for me while I say what I want to say
    around here! LOL