Imigration Idea

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Apr 1, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I can't believe you people are that afraid of illegal immigrants as to want to build a giant wall around our border. You complain that we spend to much money on them, yet you want to build a very expensive wall & pay guards to watch for mexicans.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

would a fence really be that effective? i think that more people fly in and overstay their visas than walk across the border. i think the wall might be a waste of money.

of course my solution is free trade. if we stopped forcing our taxpayers to increase the salaries of our agricultural businesses, and allow us to purchase foreign goods instead, the foreigners would make more money and be less motivated to get into our country to get a piece of those billions in farm subsidies.

free trade would allow us to cheaply import our things instead of funding this illegal labor market.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You shocked us all with that one! :hihi:

I don't think this particular free trade issue is the main problem - minimum wage laws make the demand for them very high. Their country's economic incompetence (not a by-product of free trade or lack there of) creates a great supply.

I say, the problem isn't that they are here working for cheap. It's that we can't keep track of them or control the situation. Make them register, keep track of them, let them work for next to nothing. Everyone wins.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

speaking of illegals, i know an illegal polish immigrant chick who is trying to pay an american 10 grand to get in a sham marriage with her so she can stay.

i would do it, because i dont really care much about the sanctity of marriage, and i would happily fill out and sign forms to scam the government and never talk to her again. but then again, i am too scared to help this chick out because i dont understand the financial detals of how marriage works and i might end up broke somehow.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i should have noted that i use the term "free trade" in a broad context, including the rights of employers and employees to negotiate their own salaries. minimum wage laws obviously encourage people to hire employees illegally, which is obviously bad for many reasons, inclusing the loss of tax revenue.

of course most laws that attempt to manipulate some aspect of the economy have negative unintended consequences and accomplish the reverse of their intent. minimum wage laws decrease legal employment, rent controls create housing shortages, etc.

6. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

The usual wording is butt of the joke. Normally I wouldn't point something like this out, but I'm just too curious. Typo? Never really knew what it was supposed to be? Thought it was a nasty word? Trying to say something entirely different?

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Martin is right, In order to fix this problem we have to find a way to equal out the playing field.
    Either make Mexico a better more attractive place to live and work for the
    people over there or make America harder for them to survive for instance a law to make their wages more competative to Mexico in America.
    Free trade could also be an answer.

Rush Limbaugh has said that maybe we have prevented a revolution from
    happening in Mexico, it is too easy for them to come to America if they don't like the way things are at home.
    I think he's right on the money here.
    One problem some of you overlook is that it just isn't Mexicans and Canadians coming over the borders.
    It does very little good to supposedly beef up airline security when the enemy can fly in to Mexico and Canada and cross into America over the borders like
    everyone else.

Can we patrol every inch of the borders?
    I doubt it but we can sure do a better job than what we're doing.
    George Bush should be held accountable for not enforcing our borders, all this crap after 9/11 about better security.
    Indiana Tiger, get over it, the immaturity on this board is rediculous.

8. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I'm not afraid of illegals dude.

I'm afraid of politicans continuing to let them in while politicans fight over which party can give them the biggest welfare state. Yeah, continue to let about 6,000 a night in and watch the welfare state grow till we cannot pay for anything. The politicos will have to socialize everything to pay for it.

And I'm afraid some Taliban homo will gain entry to our country by just walking across the border. I'm talking about a wacko so widely known that he couldn't get a visa. Well, he doesn't need a visa....just walk across with the other 6,000 a night.

The illegals have to stop at some point and like I said, a wall, a fence, dog collars, whatever will stop them so we can get some legal immigration happening. Yeah, that would be nice.

You want to mass naturalize 11 million of them every 10 years?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, but Mexicans have perfected a foolproof conduit for smuggling people through the porous US border. It's not just wetbacks looking to pick lettuce. Lots of foreigners trying to get into the US just to get around immigration laws have gone via Mexico. If Al Qaida isn't taking advantage of this then they would be very foolish. And they are not fools.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

All hail Candydoughman! All hail Candydoughman!