Impact Games (for LSU) this weekend

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Oct 20, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Looking at the coaches polls, at least one one-loss team ahead of LSU will lose this weekend and possibly another.

Michigan (#11) plays at Purdue (#12). If LSU wins, I could see LSU with two losses ranked higher than either Mich or PD depending on who wins that game.

The other game that a see the potential for a one-loss team team to lose is Texass at TexTech. However, if Texass loses, I don't think the coaches would rank LSU higher than Texas. Sure would be nice to meet the Horns again in the Cotton Bowl. Different result this time, no doubt.

Arkansas over Georgia would be an upset. Even though the game is at Arkansas, I don't see them winning. Even Arky wins, Ga would still be ranked ahead of us.

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I actually look for Purdue to beat Michigan, with the luxury of home field advantage. Purdue should bounce back following that loss.

Red Raiders. All the way. The more UT loses, the better shot of goodbye Mack. I don't want UT in the Cotton, though. Too much of a home game atmosphere for them.

I anticipate that UGA will bounce back. Not sure that Arky can make a game of it since Jones will be gimpy (heard he was banged up). Have to agree that UGA, even if they lose, would be ranked ahead of us.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU most definitely passes up Georgia if Georgia loses. Arkansas is not considered that good of a team at this point, so Georgia has to fall at least down to 18 after that loss. LSU would be 3 or 4 spots better than that.

Passing up Texas will probably not happen. I think Texas would fall to about 13. LSU would still be 14/15.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I argue the Cotton Bowl was a home game for UT. Living here in Dallas I was proud and excited to see the invasion from my fellow Louisiana peoples..
    The Dallas Morning news even had articles about how LSU came in force and spent in force. At the game it was easily 50-50 possible even 55-45 since many LSU fans purchased UT tickets. UT believes they are to good for the Cotton Bowl (Sort of like us with the Poulan Weedeater Bowl).
    I dont want the Cotton Bowl because I live here and I like to leave here and spend time in a sea of Tiger Fans. Plus the game was moved back to the crack of dawn.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Glad you said something, I'll see what I can do to get us in a different bowl !

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Please do !!!!!

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

While it would be nice to see Auburn go undefeated and cause a BCS trainwreck of 3 (or more) undefeated major conference teams, as an LSU fan I'm really rooting for them to drop three conference games over the next two months.

Long shot? You bet, but that's what I'm looking for week in, week out, the rest of the way.

Georgia looms, as does pesky Florida...and who can forget the Bammers. LSU will hold up it's end of the bargain, so if Auburn goes 5-3 in the SEC (as Ramah predicts daily, it seems), back to Atlanta we go.

Otherwise, I hope AU goes 11-0.

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

I love the Tigers, I truly do. I hope for us to win the title and everything.. but I must ask ... save for last week, have we really been playing like SEC championship contenders?

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Texas loses to Tech this weekend...Tech always gives the Horns fits and they have more talent this year to finish the deal.

10. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

It would be nice and funny as heck to see auburn lose to kentucky this week.