Important! The basketball game today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

will have many junior football recruits in attendance because of junior day. Cheer for the team and no matter what DO NOT BOO. I am not happy with the basketball team but do not let our frustrations affect football recruiting.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

So, if were making the 150 mile trek over to the PMAC, and we get there and see a lack of effort and a team that looks like it has given up because its leader is injured, just smile and say, they're young, maybe next year.
    I actually gave my tickets to some buddies from over here making the trip, I could'nt go today, but if they go way over to the PMAC and see the team perform with little effort, I dont expect they will sit and be quiet.
    I really doubt what happens at the game today will have any bearing on the football recruits.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

It won't affect football recruiting.

Any kid that goes to the game today would be stupid to let a
    basketball game affect thier decision.

LSU football is probably the hottest ticket in the country, either the kids want to come here and be coached by one of the finest
    coaches in the country and compete to win it all or he can go to
    Moo U and lose.:shock:

4. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

I disagree. I have seen numerous kids post that they chose another school because of fan booing. These are big time kids with many great choices. You would be surprised at what little things affect their choices. Why make it harder for Saban than it has to be? And don't give me that BS about well then we don't want them anyway. If Saban offers the kid a scholarship he wants them. I am not talking about Moo U. I am talking about competing against OU, FSU, Miami, USC, Ohio St., etc.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Actually, I think we both are right, kids are kids and do make decisions that are petty and their are some that will want to
    play with an Early Doucett or a Justin Vincent.

I'm just very sad that its all coming to this in terms of basketball.

I think its very Ironic....

I don't think LSU has ever been a bigger Underdog than todays game.

Like David and Goliath for this game without Lloreda, Dale Brown
    will be honored at this game.

It will take a Dale Brown type of game for this team to beat KY under these circumstances!

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Just exactly who did LSU loose because of fan booing? I don't mean to read argumenative but I agree with the other post that if someone makes the drive and pays to see this or any other game it should be competative and effort from begining to ending. If not then the fans / support has spoken and the coach, A.D. and players need to make adjustments.