Impressive endosement for Jindal....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JD, Nov 3, 2003.

1. JD

JD Founding Member

impressive to me, anyway.

I'm leaning toward abstention.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

JD, I was wondering where you'd weigh in on this (regardless of what I think about your party, I respect your opinions when we're not shackled by all that rhetoric)...

Nagin's endorsements in the past haven't carried much weight, but it was almost a foregone conclusion when he started running focus groups and phonebank polls about what would happen if he crossed party lines...

What do you think about Blanco actually HAPPY that Eddie "I won't indict Cleo" Jordan down there? I thought that was almost a smoking gun for Foster and the other voices out there against her....

I wouldn't be bragging, even in Nawlins, for getting Jordan's endorsement...I know a guy that put together a media blitz against him in that last campaign he was in that absolutely skewered him and made what was a clear cut race an extremely close one...He's not exactly a good guy to have in your corner...Seems as if Blanco is trying to grasp all of the sudden....

3. JD

JD Founding Member

Nagin is a good mayor

He has no coattails

Jordan is terrible, but only terrible candidates ran for DA. But, Jordan is the man who got Edwards, which only proves that he isn't as hapless as john voltz, the worst federal attorney ever to grace this fair city (the man bush I replaced him with, harry rosenberg, was the best)

4. TigerEducated

A poem by Edwin Edwards during the first trial's Bourbon Street Party...Recited extemperaneously...

When my time on this earth is gone/
    and my moods have passed/
    I hope they bury me upside down/
    so Volz can kiss my ass/

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Did Fast Eddie say that first or was it Bobby Knight who said something similar?

6. TigerEducated

That first trial was in the 80's, I believe, and I don't know when Knight said it...

Another famous line I heard him utter at the Capital with my OWN EARS to a staffer...

"2 out of 10 women will go to bed with you...It's just that you have to ask the other 8 as well...."

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The guy who told me the following story says he heard it with his own ears. He was at a crawfish boil for some organization in a park in New Orleans in the 80's and they got up a softball game. A big limo pulled up and Edwin Edwards got out and asked if he could play. Edwin got a base hit and then promptly stole second base. He got up and said "Wheres the fun if you can't steal something?"

8. TigerEducated

A former employer of mine is a political consultant for a special interest group in this state...A quite effective one I might add...

They ate lunch with him at Maggio's one day, and he and the lovely former nursing student Candy Picou were there...He was in-as usual-rare form, and holding court while my employer and his other longtime consultant were there enjoying themselves and his company...

At one point, my employer's partner asked the Governor, "Edwin, how do you do it? You're in great health, you eat whatever you want, you exercise, you just seem so full of life. What is your secret?"

Edwards cast a mischevious eye towards Candy, then nudged her while quickly replying, "It's simple. I go to bed with a nurse every night."

Another great line...in the 1991 election, he was trying to hammer home a point about how he and David Duke were different and yet, somewhere in the middle, could meet on common ground...

"The only thing David Duke and I have in common is this: We're both Wizards under the sheets..."

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I'll say this for Edwards, he is funny, entertaining, and smart. He knows how to play people and work a crowd.

I'm just sorry he didn't use his powers for good instead of evil.

10. iluvepcot

iluvepcot Freshman

I guess according to cottonbowl'66's guidelines, Ray Nagin is now a Ku Klux Klan supporter!!!