In Athens (GA), but not at game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by chele, Aug 26, 2004.

1. chele

chele Founding Member

I have the chance to go give a talk at UGa on Oct 1 and be in town for the big game. Unfortunately, I probably won't have tickets. Anyone know where LSU folks w/o tix would probably be gathered to watch the game?

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Hooters is usually a safe bet. :thumb:

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Opponents teams fans usually do crowd at some bars in downtown Athens so if worse came to worse you could try seeing if people were at a certain bar.

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

wait till just after kickoff.. the scalpers will be looking for someone to unload tickets to. cheap..

5. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

dont bet on a lot of tickets being available at the stadium. there may be some but at this point it is harder for me to get tickets to this game then it was to get them for the S E C championship game last year. I live here in athens and this is the game everyone wants to go to

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I think that is totally incorrect. Even during the biggest games, it should not be that hard to find tickets of some kind outside the stadium.

7. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

as i said there will be some but not at face value, not even close and i dont think there has been a game with this much hype in athens in a long time.and with the expectations that people in georgia have for the dawgs it is keeping ticket prices at a premium

8. BufordDAWG

BufordDAWG Founding Member

This is the most anticipated game in Athens in a LONG time. I have seen Marshall and Georgia Southern tickets going for over 100 bucks a piece sometimes way more than that.

It will be very doubtful you could find any tickets for any reasonable price.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

word has it they are harder to find than even the Sugar Bowl tickets. However, Ive never been to ANY sporting event the day of the game and not find tickets. you can go if you want to. And usually the scalped price is more reasonable than buying ahead of time. Even saw some in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl 4 hours before for 200-300 range.

10. BufordDAWG

BufordDAWG Founding Member

For that much money I'd rather watch it on my 65 wide in HD.