In case no one has noticed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GEAUX TIGERS, Apr 15, 2008.

1. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

I know right?!? I thought the Heart of Geauxld dvd looked better than the NC Game dvd. :(

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I hope that's not the case. What is the point of having CST in HD?

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Looks like Cox added like 6 channels over the last day or so. Now 33 HD channels in all for Cox which I thought would never happen.

Some other new ones are the Golf Channel, Science Channel, TLC for the wife, Animal Planet, History.

Now I am still waiting for Bravo in HD and I will be satisfied.

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Are Hi-Def DVD burners around? maybe someone can catch a replay of the hi-def version and make us all some DVDs, or is that even possible yet?

I just got the Blu-Ray version of "Close Encounters" from NetFlix, that outta look great.

5. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I don't think they have Hi-Def burners. I'm sure it's not far down the road though.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

35 in HD with Eatel here in Gonzales

I really did not think there were so many now, wow!

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

So far my experience with DVD recorders with internal hard drive recording football games from HD broadcasts via s-video feeds from the HD cablebox has been pretty good. Although the S-video feeds have scaled down resolution to "standard" , the pictures are still cleaner and sharper than recording from a game from a standard resolution channel. I have been quite pleased.

HD recorders, even if available to the general public, would be quite expensive for a while......

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I have all of the CBS games from the 2007 season in HD on my computer thanks to an antenna. Problem is there aren't any TV tuners (basically the equivalent of a cable box) for computers yet on the market that allow you to record encrypted HD cable channels on a PC (ESPN HD, CST, etc.) because of concerns about people stealing HD channels they're not paying for. And as far as I know it's difficult to impossible to take a DVR recording from something like TiVO and burn it to Blu-ray (next-generation version of DVDs).

There are Blu-ray burners out there for the PC, but they're still insanely expensive. As soon as they come down in price I'm backing up all those HD games on Blu-Ray. You can burn HD games on DVD, but the movie files are huge. ( For example, the Arky and UK 3OT games would barely fit on 3 Double-Layer DVDs.) HD and Blu-ray are still very new technologies, and it'll be several years before burning HD content on Blu-Ray is as commonplace as standard-definition on regular DVDs. And it may be even longer before the cable companies allow TV tuners for HD cable channels to become available and affordable.

And the night of the BCSNC, I didn't have my antenna pointed in the right direction, so my PC didn't record a second of the game. :(:po: