In case you're wondering where your Legislator will be sitting for the Sugar Bowl....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBud, Dec 23, 2003.

1. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

The Legislative Block will be some of the better seats that LSU got in the Dome. Also keep in mind that they get an additional FOUR from the Sugar Bowl Committee - LORD ONLY KNOWS where those seats are located.

Section 118 (Merry Christmas to our Legislator from LSU) --

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I know a few of those legislators, ala Salter up in Nawth Looziana, and Dardenne, and Kennard, who actually deserve those types of tickets...

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Perks of the office. That's why these guys run.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

SabanFan...LSU Sugar Bowl tickets and perks of the office aren't why they run...

It's usually because someone that represents them pisses them off enough that they decide to do something about it...

Either that, or (like me) they think that even THEY could do a better job than whoever's running sh!t in Baton Rouge these days...

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I thought they ran so they could get a license to steal

:D

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

These guys don't get paid much. If a perk is tickets to the Sugar, than so be it. I don't envy these guys away from their families for extended periods of time and the fact that they can't please all the people all the time.

Maybe $150 for a ticket and $8 for a large dome foam will make them feel better about it.

7. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Obviously, you haven't been following the pay raises these guys have been giving themselves.

And, I thought it was suppose to be Public SERVICE.

8. eric d

eric d Founding Member

That's 6 tickets per legislator. All of them free with a high street value. It's in the neighborhood of 800 tickets that could have gone to Tiger fans that would actually pay for them. Besides, how many of those legislators will end up scalping some if not all of their tickets? I will bet it's at least half.

9. DValley

DValley Founding Member

What world do you live in? Forget their salary, how about the kickbacks, payoffs, fund raisers, etc. Politicians always have their hand in the cookie jar. Let's not be naive here.

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

The Legislature in 1997 tied its per diem to the travel rate the U.S. government pays federal employees in Baton Rouge. The rate, which changes every Oct. 1, has gone up all but one year since the Legislature approved the change. The per diem rate started at $75.

Lawmakers also make an annual salary of $16,800 and a $6,000 unvouchered expense account, which is counted as income for tax purposes.

There has to be more to it than this other than that these ego maniacs would not give up carriers (SP).