In Good Graces or On Thin Ice? The Fate of Crowton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chase4LSU, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm hearing Studrawa is being looked at by.. ULM I think it was... They're probably seeing how this plays out before making any announcements.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Cat outta bag. I was only gonna give em hints until things were more solid. Now your gonna start this whole thing of he is gone to ULM. I hope this comes to be, it would sad to get our hopes up again that Stud is gone.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You never know, Miles could be pushing for him to take the ULM job if that is the case, so LSU and Stud can part ways without any hard feelings or having to pay him out.

As far as Crowton, i say give him another chance, and if the ship isn't fixed next season, he absolutely must go.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Another problem to think about here is LSU's window of opportunity for winning an SECCG and possible NC run. Florida will be rebuilding big time, and Bama to a different extent, as well. But that ain't gonna last forever. We're looking to be thin at RB and need a solid veteran QB and O-line. Can we afford to keep Crowton around 1 more year and depend on him to get JJ into that position?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good question.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

This situation is hard for me to figure out. I'm no expert in coaching or even in football, but I've been in situations as a chef that do parallel what's going on.

A big kitchen is like a team...and getting a large party's food out on time and in perfect condition is a lot like executing a play. Everyone has their own little responsibility that they have to execute perfectly and in synchrony for all the food to come together at the same time from all four corners of the kitchen. If one task is not timed right or is not accurate, then the order is in trouble.

Things get done right more than not when the kitchen functions as a team. The chef's ultimate responsibility is to make the right hires and train the team properly. Assembling the right team by making the right hires can make or break the kitchen.

We now have two and now possibly three new offensive coaches coming on board...and theres speculation that the chef (Crowton) didn't hire them. That's a lot of new hires.

If this is true, then the guy who's nuts are in the sling has to work with whatever hand he's dealt. Not good...not good at all.

If Crowton leaves or is fired, the new chef (offensive coordinator) that comes in is in the same situation...he has to play the cards that he's dealt.

I know you are saying that Miles is the chef, but he's more like the owner.
    His job is to hire the right executive chef who in turn hires the cooks (assistant coaches). both the owner and the exec. chef work TOGETHER to assemble the team. At least that's the way it's done in my business.

It seems that the current OC is hamstrung just as much as his successor will be if both of them have to deal with little control over who gets hired...(assuming all the new hires remain.)

It just doesn't seem to be the best situation to develop the teamwork or chemistry among the coaches necessary for success...but then, again, it's not a perfect world.

7. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Axe him now ask questions later. There have been points made that maybe he is a good OC but just needs a veteran QB. Well we will always be "rebuilding" I think that is part of your job if you are OC unless there is a QB coach. Which I dont think we have (correct me of course if i am wrong). If we do then his ars should be Axed. Stud should be gone no questions asked O-line look horrible all year. :tigerhead

1 person likes this.
  8. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

It's a good analogy, Steve. I think the problem comes in when chef was making damn good steaks and burgers to begin with, then decided that that was too simple. It sold well, and customers loved the menu, but the chef's creativity was stifled, according to him. So he switched out the pits for lovely ovens, donned a big white fancy hat, and decided that Baked Alaska would be the future. The cooking crew, unawar eof how to make such complicated dishes, did not make them properly. Customers left, and the owner gets a bad rap for messing with a good thing. At some point, the owner has to make the chef go back to making damn good steaks and burgers, and get away from the Baked Alaska. If the chef feels too stifled, or cannot lower himself to return to the simple but overwhelmingly effective dishes, the owner needs to get rid of him, or the chef can through a samurai chef fit and storm out.

Bon Appetit:thumb:

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

stud needs to go. ol was weak. which is probably an understatement.

crowton needs to go. hes in charge of qb development and they dont seem to be developing. add to that being, what is it, 107th in offense. imo, that means its not working as is.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Tell us how you really feel.:popcorn: