In Like Flynn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Apr 22, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Practically none of us have seen Flynn or Russell, and we haven't really seen Randall since he was a green sophomore. Tomorrow will tell us a lot.

2. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Ramah > TE

My money's on Flynn too.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree. From the outside looking in, Booty wasn't really "one of the guys" but Flynn has gone the normal route and seems to fit in fine. Booty also wasn't much of a scrambler and Flynn is said to be a better athlete. Tomorrow will be fun. May the best QB win.

4. BB

BB Founding Member

It's hard not to pull for all 3 because they all have such a great upside - they are all Saban groomed and they are all terrific Tigers. Flynn just gives me that feeling right now. Once again, time will tell...

5. msully

msully Founding Member

Davy not only was a good QB but he was a good team leader . How good was Matt as a QB ?

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Moot point right now, but I will be behind whichever wins the position on the field. We can't elect the quarterback here.(thank goodness) Saban is the man, and will make the right decision for the team. Looking forward to seeing all three in action for the Spring game!

7. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

Geez... Seems like I read something today where Saban said Randall was still the #1 guy. I guess ya'll are all talking about who should be 2 or 3.

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

You know, I have been saying for weeks now that Randall is a backup and no way he should start. People were fast to jump on my case. It seems that everyone is jumping on the younger guys bandwagon now. You guys change your minds faster then Anna Nicole Smith changes pant sizes. The sooner Saben puts Flynn of Russell in, the faster they will learn game situations and become great players. Saben shouldn't waist another sec. on him w/the starting unit. Randall may be like Booty or the other guy we had, that he is better off in the NFL.

9. GoldenFlashes72

GoldenFlashes72 Founding Member

BB & Chinese Bandit are spot on

Only an idiot would compare Booty & Flynn. But, then ... an idiot did.

The kind of idiot whose brain ... if stuck in a bird ... would make it fly backwards.

Matt Flynn & Jamarcus Russell will start for the Purple Squad and compete

... against the #1 QB our returning Senior Marcus Randall on the White Squad.

The better of the two young QBs may clearly establish themselves on the field.

We shall see Saturday.

10. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

you MUST learn how to spell SABAN or i will go insane!!!!