In Va. governor's race, Ed Gillespie went full Trump

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was in Richmond about 6 years ago and I saw pickup trucks driving around with Rebel flags flying.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I'd say Richmond proper is about half white and half black... and it just voted 82% for the Democratic candidate.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Blue state is blue Rex. Dont do this to yourself. Gonna be a long 7 more.

4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

When I last saw results it was a 4 pt margin. My apologies. Doesn't disclaim the fact that VA has become a blue state

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

And 82% stupid. Enjoy your little victory for the next 3 or maybe 8 years Trump will appoint conservative judges, roll back regulations, bring back jobs, strengthen our military and annoy you daily. Libtards may be in power again one day but all those judges will be there to jam your liberal bullshit up your backsides.

tumblr_inline_mnebhxoBhr1qz4rgp.gif

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It’s early but I think this may be a bell cow. It wasn’t just Virginia that republicans got slammed. Traditional republican seats were lost in New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Georgia and other places. These are seats that had been in republican hands for decades.
    This is the consequence of having a president with approval ratings in the low 30% range. His divisiveness and poor performance. It’s also an indictment of the failure of Trump and republicans to accomplish anything substantive. McConnell and Ryan have shown no leadership and Trump’s failure to provide anything but noise.
    All you Trumpkins be careful what you ask for......you’ve gotten it and the conservative movement is paying the reaper.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Maybe the next 1 year at best. If this is a window on 2018 the republicans will lose the house and senate and Trump will not last his term. Trump is likely to have be the reason republicans lose more than the 1000+ seats Obama did in his 8 years. He probably has nominated his last appeals court judge and if a supreme dies there’s no way he’ll get his nominee confirmed. Trump has shot himself in the foot, knee and head.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Crow makes a good gumbo eat well in 2018

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’ll hold you to it.

10. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I think both parties are fractured. There is a faction of Dems going too far left and Reps going too far right. Its like everyone has to go with absolutes instead of compromising. We survived Obama and we will survive Trump. Have no idea what is going to happen. Just glad I live in a red state