Incredible Norwegian Kicker

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by MikeInLa, Dec 20, 2012.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

Scandinavians are good at everything

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well Martin, wasn't this one of your deal-breakers with Mo Isom trying out for LSU? And this no-experience-at-all yokel gets a tryout based on an internet video? No thoughts on the insult to kids who have been practicing the art of kicking in American football for years?

Contained Chaos likes this.
  4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Well, to be fair, it looks like this guy has been doing a lot of practicing himself. His accuracy seems legit if the video isn't tricked up. Bring him to New Orleans, we'll take him.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Pretty much everything in that video is absolutely ridiculous. If that's all legit, then that's probably the best I've ever seen anyone do anything. He makes the And 1 guys look like vaginas.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. martin

martin Banned Forever

No I think it was her inability to kick worth a shit. Women can't kick. This fellow is a man. Men can kick. Mo wasn't an insult to people with experience. She was an insult to men with experience. This fellow, as you can see, is a man, and therefore has a chance to be a good kicker. Mo, a woman, does not.

you seem to have missed the point of that whole discussion (the tebow argument is similar) the fundamental skill required to be a kicker is ability to kick. not the ability to be pretty or get yourself on tv or generate interest or have a zillion louts say inane things like "if she can do it, i wish her the best".

7. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Any decent kicker can put together a video in a controlled situation. Take a look at this guy. Yeah his accuracy trick kicks may not be as impressive, but I can argue that his overall form supersedes the first guy's accuracy. Go back to the first video and pay attention to the 60 and 50 yarders starting at 1:02 and imagine how ugly it would look in the face of an NFL rush. Even if he is able to pick up his timing to get a kick off, he'll still be kicking under pressure. Pressure causes more misses than blocks or not enough leg do. Young Mr. Harper's video would lead one to believe he can't miss...ask Notre Dame they'll tell you differently.

8. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I would argue that this guy looks no better or worse than the first guy. And in your OWN logic, anyone can look awesome when you put together the "good stuff" in one video. I did not post the first guy to prove anything or because I think he is the most awesome... I just thought it was interesting.

9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

An obvious hoax in the computer Internet age......this is like a big foot sighting to me.

10. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Really? Well, hoax or not, the Jets are trying him out...
    Havard Rugland gets Jets tryout with YouTube video

Not everything is a conspiracy folks, even if it looks a lot like one. The problem is that so many idiots out there photoshop and mock up weird videos that you just don't know what to believe anymore. Since this guy is getting his tryout with the Jets, I guess we'll soon find out if he's really as talented as the Youtube video portrays him to be.