individual game tickets....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Aug 9, 2003.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Has anyone else tried accessing the ticket office??? I dialed at EXACTLY 2:01 and it's already "high volume"...

I tried calling--with MULTIPLE PHONES (got 2 cell phones and a house phone with LSU's ticket office on redial)...

Multimillion dollar program, 92,000 seat stadium and a pathetic and useless ticketing system that can't handle a multitude of calls??

Give me a break! Ticket master can sell out a 70,000 seat stadium in 10 minutes, but we probably have 2, over-worked and under-paid Cajuns working 2 phone lines....it's pathetic!

AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going beat somebody!!!

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Or you can stand in line at the ticket office for 6 or 7 hours. I did this a couple years ago for my dad. I told him "I love you pops, but never again. You are gonna have to buy season tickets if you want the good games."

3. BostonBengal

Yeah...it's PATHETIC!!!!

I can TOTALLY understand the Florida and Auburn games selling out--but at LEAST have a system in place that can handle the amount!

To buy tickets online, this is what it says once you click on the "Buy Tickets" link:

"To improve your ticket-buying experience and to make it as pleasant as possible, this site permits entry to a limited number of patrons at a time.

Why don't they just say, "To piss off our loyal fan base, we will be limiting the number of those wishing to access the system to 2 buyers per hour." 'Cause I've been on the phone listening to busy signal, after busy signal and watching the automatic reload on the internet trying to get through for OVER AN HOUR NOW!

Perhaps it's best that I don't get through--cause there would probably be hell to pay for whomever answers....

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

All I know is I will have tickets to the Auburn, Florida and Georgia games in my little hand on the 18th:D

5. BostonBengal

Persistance pays off....At exactly 8:55 PM EST, I was FINALLY able to get through and purchase tickets for my, much anticipated, Auburn game as well as the Arkansas.

The ticket guy was laughing with me as I had to tell him it might be a bit noisy on my end as I was calling from a cell phone while on a party boat out in Boston Harbor celebrating my friend's birthday.

He said, "You're WHERE?! ...and you're calling now?! WOW! You're a diehard!"

I was like, (in an exasperated tone), "You have NO idea..."

:)

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

See, hard work does pay off BostonBengal........Congratulations!!!!!

7. LSU667

LSU667 Founding Member

My brother, his friend and myself are traveling down from NJ for LSU/Georgia game with about 20 or so guys for a joint bachelor party(my bro and myself). Between my brothers friend and myself we racked up 28 tickets for the georgia game. Not to bad for a days work. Sep 20th can't get here fast enough