Infrastructure

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 4, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So this is something I think most of us can get behind this current administration on. This country desperately needs work on a ton of old bridges and roads. Does anyone think we will see a proposal from the current administration soon?

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Depends on if Russia approves it.

Just kidding. Depends on how long his jail sentence is.

watson1880 likes this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Seems this should have been first objective. I’m afraid the resistance will oppose any Plan Trump comes up with.

Furthermore, I feel the damn tax giveaway, with resultant increasevin debt, may have doomed a comprehensive infrastructure program. Hope not.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

That bridge in Lake Charles needs to be high on the list. I hope they will do something but I don't see the Dems working with this president at all. The want to do anything to keep him from succeeding. we shall see what happens I guess

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Tax giveaway? Isn't it our money to start with? Why doesn't the government live on less money, why don't THEY try budgeting themselves like WE have to do?

shane0911, KyleK and Winston1 like this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Kiki has a point we should never forget....it is our money. Unfortunately it seems neither the Republican or Democrat law maker realize this and spend like drunken sailors in port. There has been no fiscal discipline for over 20 years.
    A 5% or more spending increase is baked into every budget even though inflation has been near zero.
    We need to fund the government but find some way to enforce discipline and responsibility.

KyleK and Bengal B like this.
  7. HalloweenRun

The question is, to use the money of the people to give corporate tax breaks, or use the people’s money to build things and repair things?

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I have to admit, when I first heard the 1.5B increase in debt, I connected the same dollars to that surfacing in regard to infrastructure.

8. HalloweenRun

I admit, I have been out of the Federal Budget for some time now, but back in the day there was certainly no built in 5% added. Many of the programs I worked on were 0% increasing, which, in reality was a budget cut due to inflation.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

There should be a 10% cut across the board. There is so much waste in government spending that this could probably be done for years.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I read once that if every dept cut their budget 1% it would save millions. That would be a start