Initial thoughts on SEC Network

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 2, 2014.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I enjoy the SEC Network but just like any network, I hate the predictions. I get it is their job, but it is really annoying when they predict one team will go 7-5 because they have question marks at quarterback, but then another will go 11-1 even though they have question marks at quarterback too.

Example, yesterday on SEC Network Greg McElroy selected Brandon Harris as his #2 QB on his ALL SEC Depth Chart, then on his show "The First Team" on Sirius XM this morning, he predicted LSU to finish 6th in the west at 7-5 because LSU has a HUGE hole at QB.............WTF??? Firstly, how can Jordan Jefferson lead LSU to multiple 10 win seasons, but now all of the sudden because we have a bad (or inexperienced QB) we fall to the bottom? Lastly, how can LSU get worse? He has a going from 8-4 to 7-5 and all LSU has done from last year to this year is improve across the board (except at DE).

Its all a bunch of hoopla

ParadiseiNC and red55 like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

People are going to watch so they can call McElroy an idiot. Just like they listen to Danny Kannell bash the SEC. Its all about the ratings.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, all of those predictions are worthless. Truly. I mean does anybody go back at the end of the season and say, McElroy you're a freakin' moron. LSU went 11-1 and beat the snot out of Bama? Thought you were a Rhodes Scholar? Unless they beat Bama, you won't hear anything at the end of the season about his prediction. Truly worthless. Barely entertainment.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

No, these guys never get their feet held to the fire. I try not to get caught up in it, but it just drives me crazy to hear their "reasoning" and how it only applies to certain teams. Bama and UGA are the projected favorites in the SEC West & East respectively, yet neither has named a starting QB. Meanwhile any other team with a ? at QB is serious trouble this year and should just bank on next year......

The beautiful thing about college football is most of the time every season is different, and there are always sleeping giants on rosters right nobody knows of. Yet these guys get on here season after season and try to sound like ''experts" and end up being "jokes".

Just ride with, "hey man, I have no idea, and I am super excited to watch it play out"

Who is the next 2013 Auburn? Who is the next 2011 LSU? Who is the next Johnny Football? Who is the next Nick Chubb?

Just let it roll

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's the same with psychics. Throw out enough predictions and nobody will call you on the misfires. Nobody remembers that the world didn't come to an end in 2012 but damn, that psychic was right about a major earthquake killing thousands in a country in South America.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.