Injury Thread: Taylor, Claiborne, and Hurst...Post any updates

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by phi1514, Nov 6, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am pretty comfortable with Reid, Loston, and Eugene mixing up along side Hatcher back there.

Don't know the specifics of the injuries.

Heard Hurst may have some ligament damage and could be out 4-6 weeks.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Eh, Reid is at the least even with him. I thought Taylor had been playing well lately, but we didn't miss a beat with Reid. He is the real deal.

Hatcher and Loston have been rotating in as well and I have full confidence we'll be able to replace Taylor with those three.

But it always sucks to lose guys. I really hope we can get Hurst back ASAP. We can probably afford to let Claiborne sit out vs. Monroe.

3. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

Reid and Taylor are not equal. Reid is talented but raw. This loss hurts bad with Mallet on the horizon. I'm also really concerned about our O line depth....hope Hurst makes it back but anytime you are in a boot on the sideline...not good.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'm not sure how close to Taylor's capability Reid actually is, but you gotta love LSU's recruiting at times like this. The pool of safeties may not have a ton of experience, but there is a ton of talent there.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Crazy thing about the Taylor injury is it did not look like a hit caused it. Looked like he was running along, tried to plant and stop, and fell down. Weird looking to me.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly right. I watched Jason White do it twice, once to each knee in consecutive years. Part of the reason he played like 23 years at OU. I hope the kid is okay and isn't hurt too badly. We will need him.

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Which is why I think it's really serious. Non-contact injuries usually means something popped. I'm not a doctor, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so don't quote me on that, I really hope I'm wrong, but when I first saw how the injury happened I immediately thought the worst.

8. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Les said that will blackwell could be back by the ole miss game but not the ulm game. GREAT NEWS!! Hurst and Claiborne are day to day. If we get Blackwell hurst and claiborne back for the ole miss game we will be fine.....oh and the arky game mallet will get his big plays time to time, but against good defenses, which we qualify as!! he throws 2 or 3 picks per game...thats what could cost him!

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I thought that Les was trying to get an injury waiver for Blackwell and save his year of eligibility.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Still a possibility but the Hurst injury could change the plans if Blackwell is ready.