Inner-City 3rd World Country

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Aug 19, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Cherry picking what exactly? There wasn't any specifics called out just that ALL of the most run down, no production, drug filled, shit holes are run by and have been run for decades by democrats. That my friend is factual data. I'm sorry that it is so but it is so.

I'm curious myself. This should be good.

2. shane0911

Please lets have that discussion. Present your agrument counselor.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

no its ok. the premise is a straw man from the first post in this thread. its cherry picking according to the title and video. you know how many poverty centers there are in this country that are mainly white and rural. give me a break.
    one of the main reasons i left this forum, intellectual dishonesty.

KyleK likes this.
  4. shane0911

I don't think it is a straw man at all. Not when you look at the stats. As for other poverty centers, I know of none that draw the attention and coverage that the mentioned ones do. Sure every city has its ghetto but not like these places.

The premise is, when you are dependant on the govt this is the result. I am convinced as should you.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

exactly like this places, drugs, teen pregnancy, murder, etc. but you are right the "liberal media" never highlights these places.
    the straw man is that government dependency and democrats created this problem. do those things have a hand an perpetuating the problem of course. But those are symptoms and not the cause.

6. shane0911

So what in your estimation is the cause? You are absolutely right, it is certainly a sympton. I know the cause, I'm just curious to see what your answer will be.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

racism, jim crow, separate but equal. You think black people chose to live in those places, like they volunteered to live in housing projects. Thats all we had, because racism and jim crow kept us out of the free market from the end of slavery until the 90s I would go as far as saying. So we leaned on government jobs and government programs. we owned nothing, wasnt able to build anything because of before mentioned civilly constructed mechanism. Does personal responsibility have an effect on issues, yes of course more now than ever before. If you are poor and dependent on government, well 95% of that is your own fault.
    but generational curses are a real thing and still going on today. Most here want to highlight symptoms, but fail to talk about the cause.

8. shane0911

I will give you that what you posted plays a part in how they got there. That isn't why they stayed there.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

If you are poor and dependent on government, well 95% of that is your own fault.
    but generational curses are a real thing and still going on today. Most here want to highlight symptoms, but fail to talk about the cause.

This is what I also said as well.

10. shane0911

Yes, you did. It goes a little deeper than that and I'm trying to get it out of you.