Intellivision Football

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by MikeInLa, Oct 23, 2014.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Anyone had/remember the Intellivision game system? I used to LOVE the sports games on it, especially football. My cousins and I would have LONG nights playing football, having "playoffs". Probably the best Football video game that ever existed. Yes, the graphics were simple and blocky... but that didn't matter. It felt like you were playing football. Our only wish at the time was that it would let you create plays.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

only the rich kids had those.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We would take a leather ball and go outside where the other kids were and play football. It felt like you were playing football and we created plays all of the time.

As much as I like my gadgets today, I'm glad my childhood was not centered around them.

4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Now wait a minute LOL... We played football out in the yard too, all the time. But we played video games when the weather was bad or we couldn't go outside for some reason.
    @tirk we weren't rich, but we had one. We also had a PONG game, remember those? LOL

5. red55

PONG was the first video game I ever saw. Way before anyone had video games at home, they were in bars alongside the pinball machines in '73.

[​IMG]

6. tirk

you were rich. and you went to catholic high. so i hated you.

7. tirk

when did they ban the pay pinball machines. my old man used to tell me some stories about his friend who could play one for hours.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is only so much you can do with a stick and a stone. :D

tirk likes this.
  9. red55

Before my time. For us pinball was like 9-ball pool, with private betting going on. I made a lot of beer money playing 9-ball on Chimes street and at the pool hall in the Pentagon dorm. I was a killer on the old Jack-in-the-box four-player pinball machines for some reason, but half-assed on the rest.

[​IMG]

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There was an old man who lived near my neighborhood who had sold some land and for the first time in his life had a lot of money. There was a pool hall in the shopping center nearby and he would go there every day and lose hundreds of dollars in those payoff machines. The machines took nickels and you could buy a $5 bag of nickels to play with. Near the end of the day he would have dozens of empty nickel bags on the floor by the machines he was playing.