Intellivision Football

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by MikeInLa, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The payoff machines had either 20 or 25 numbered holes in them and you had to maneuver the ball into holes corresponding to the numbers on the lighted board to line them up in a row to win. A lot harder than it looked. They were a real moneymaker for bar owners at the time.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i still love pinball machines. been awhile however.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man the people at Intellivision should be credited for the first black quarterback.

MikeInLa and Bengal B like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The first black quarterback to win the Superbowl played for the Redskins.

5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Definitely didn't go to Catholic High. And far from being rich for sure. I think we got the intellivision from one of my uncles. He was also the one responsible for getting me the Commodore VIC 20 (my first computer).

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You had a rich uncle. Now you could probably get one of those game consoles for $10 if you could find one at a garage sale or a thrift shop.

7. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Actually, there are people who refurbish them, and update them with RCA cables and sell them on ebay. They go anywhere from $50 on up depending on the condition and what all comes with it. I just saw one on there with 41 games for $260. You can find the same thing in Atari systems too. Also, there are the "Flashback" systems that come with 60 games built in. I've read some pretty bad reviews on them though. You can check one out here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTELLIVISI...1248307585?pt=Video_Games&hash=item43cfc07d81

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Sorry bro, but Super Tecmo Bowl is hands down the best video football game that ever existed. Bar none. If I had studied as many hours as I spent playing that game, I'd have a double PhD.

9. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Well, you're talking about a game that came out much later on the Nintendo, and yes, it was definitely leaps & bounds better. It had the same mechanics as the intellivision football (easy to play the game), but way better graphics and more features.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble