Interception Explained.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bamajoker, Nov 8, 2009.

1. bamajoker

bamajoker Freshman

Maybe the officials should have relayed this to the crowd.

Watch the video, instead of feet look at hands.

"Ball Out of Bounds
    ARTICLE 3. a. A ball not in player possession, other than a kick that scores a field goal, is out of bounds when it touches the ground, a player, a game official or anything else that is on or outside a boundary line."

Julio is clearly out of bounds when he touches the ball simultaneously with Peterson. Even before Peterson could tuck the ball, the ball was dead."

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Thank you for that explanation. We all feel so much better now.

3. bamajoker

bamajoker Freshman

i know it does not help much.
    but the right call was made.
    even I thought it was an interception until the new came out today about this rule which i knew about but did not take into consideration.

4. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Sounds like they are making stuff up as they go. I'll watch the replay but I do not believe rules make a difference when you have to play against refs in the state of Alabama. That includes games at Auburn.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I didn't see Julio touch the ball. But you guys can explain it away if it'll make you feel better about winning.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Peterson catches the ball while draggin his first toe, then the other toe comes down with possession. It was an interception, i would expect nothing less than the SEC officials protceting their own with a rule quote that doesn't apply to the play in question. Horrible call, to go along with horrible calls and non calls all game. Cheat to win, back to being the Tide, Congrats.

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

For you scenario to work, Julio would have to have been out of bounds and then touch the ball before Peterson. If that were the case, then it should have been a penalty on Jones. If you go out of bounds you cannot make first contact with the ball. So either way it is either total incompetence or blatant cheating.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

1. The ball was not "out of possession", Peterson caught the ball cleanly, did not bobble it and tucked it under his arm as he crossed the sideline with both feet in.

2. Julio never touched the ball, it doesn't matter if he was out of bounds.

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

WR Jones never touched the ball!

It's over !

Bama is having it's moment!

I am ready to move on and get better this year!

#8 in BCS!!!

10. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

After watching the replay. It is clear that Julio Jones does not touch the ball. This is a case of SEC home office cooking again. The SEC had predetermined to get Bama and UF in the SEC title game to ensure BCS championship game for at least one SEC team. It's the other non calls that really get me going and the unbalanced calling of penalties and spotting the balls short. Cheaters, I hate to say it but I can come to no other conclusion.