Interesting article from Stillwater

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by oscarbanks, Jan 1, 2005.

1. oscarbanks

oscarbanks Freshman

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Be more interesting if you could actually read it without registering with the site...

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

OK Here is the article from the link above

"Sources in Louisiana who cover LSU are reporting that with Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino pulling his name out of consideration this morning that Les Miles is the top candidate for the job. However, they are also saying that the LSU administration is planning to lay low today with the Tigers currently playing Iowa in the Capitol One Bowl and that their focus will be on the game. I've been around long enough to know that they are probably keeping one eye on the game and the other on their continued search.

I spoke with Miles this morning and he is at home with his family watching football and enjoying their company. He is also nursing his damaged voice, and told me that it hurts to talk. Miles is scheduled to leave tomorrow morning with one of his assistants to go recruiting and is scheduled to hook up with a couple of other Oklahoma State assistant coaches during the week. Miles has also said he has had no further contact with LSU since early in the week in San Antonio.

I'm not ready to change my mind about Miles going, but I will say it is getting more interesting and I'm convinced unless LSU has a secret candidate out there that Miles will hear from LSU again.

My sources have told me that in addition to Petrino pulling his name out that Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio has also told LSU he has no interest. The "X" factor candidates appear to be Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt, who some sources say is not out of this yet, and Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, who LSU has been around and seen operate all week at the Capitol One Bowl.

The only aspects of this situation that I am certain of right now is that something will happen for sure in the next 24 hours, and that if Miles did have a change of heart and were to leave for LSU then virtually immediately Mike Gundy becomes the next head coach at Oklahoma State. I had breakfast with a senior member in the athletic department on Thursday and they confirmed that Gundy would be named head coach if Miles were to leave. That information was confirmed by another source this morning.

The other aspect that I am certain of as I write this is that nothing has been decided by LSU, and if it has then it won't be Les Miles who will be named their next head coach."

4. philter

philter Founding Member

lol