Interesting Article on a Recruits visit to Univ of Oregon

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Copied off of the Stockton, CA, newspaper website:

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Using the private jet of a booster doesn't seem NCAA-legal to me. And where do I sign up for one of these recruiting trips?

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I certainly hope none of this goes on at LSU, at least not to the extent at Oregon. I know a lot of colleges that are like that, and temptation will be everywhere, but it doesn't need to be like that. Not here. Not anywhere. I'm certainly glad this kid made the right decision for him and his family. The private-jet thing does sound fishy as well. While he said stuff about this, the article didn't mention anything about him being offered money or cars or stuff by the school. Maybe schools have had to get "creative" with reward inducements since the NCAA has shut off other sources.

4. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

If I can Just...

trim off 6 seconds off of my 40 yard dash time i can be a big time recruit. I already have the size.

5. Graytiger

Graytiger Freshman

Sex, drugs, rock & roll

And a 17 year old kid turns it down? I'm having a hard time believing that.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Not all kids do that stuff man. I certainly didn't when I was 17. But I grew up in Bible Belt country (North Louisiana). So I guess I'm different.

7. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

Re: Sex, drugs, rock & roll

hey man, i'm straight edge(no drugs, no alcohol, no sex) and I'm 20, i've been like this for awhile now. This kid seems like a smart person and chose not to do any of those things. Not all teens are out drinking, doing drugs and have sex.

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

There are some great kids out there. Better at that age than I ever thought about being. Not just the sex, drugs, and rock and roll stuff, but also helping their community, their elders, and their fellow students ... etc. They just do not make the headlines as much as the others.

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Re: Sex, drugs, rock & roll

Every teen isn't like the ones you see in movies and on TV. I was a virgin when I married at 26...and I'm quite proud of it. I also don't drink and the only drugs I've ever used were prescribed by a doctor for a legitimate illness.

America's youth aren't hopeless...they're just portrayed that way in the media.

10. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

That doesn't sell papers or ad time on the news. The sensational stuff does, though. Sadly.

:( :confused: