Interesting Article on Negative Recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Feb 16, 2003.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i read that earlier and I love saban's response. It concerns me that he interviewed for the jack. job, but I will believe him that it was out of professional courtisy.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

At least Tubby is honest. It doesn't make me like him but I can respect his candor. Not like some of those other snake oil salesmen (hint: FRANCHIONE).

4. AUDave

AUDave Founding Member

Negative Recruiting in the SEC

That was an interesting article. It reminds me of the political arena. I believe that most political candidates don't intend or want to sling mud, but the campaign rules are already set. If your opponent slings mud at you, then you almost have to defend yourself and sling back. The voters and the recruits just have to wade through the bs and find the cleanest candidate or coach. I think Saban is right, a policy would have to be agreed upon by all of the coaches at a conference in order to end this type of recruiting and change the recruiting tactics and environment as a whole.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It would have to operate under the honor system. That would never work in Mulletville.

6. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

everyone seems so sure that Saban does not negativly recruit. I have heard so many times "he focuses on his own program." Well isn't that exactly what all the coaches who negativly recruit said in that article "prefer to focus on their own program"

7. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Gotta love Sean Merril man.