Interesting comment by Les Miles...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 10, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Fair enough. I guess stating that we "lost" recruits is misleading at best and dishonest at worst.

However, we *should* want to eliminate anything that WE DO which gives other schools an advantage.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think that anything that Miles and his staff feels is best for the players on the roster far outweighs anything else. If in his opion a spring scrimage is the best for the health and developement of the team in order to win games the following fall, then so be it.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

That linebacker from Maryland, Bani Gbadu I think, is who I keep thinking of as a reference to this. He didn't have any real ties to Louisiana, and in the end, his dad got him to commit to Penn St. There was a lot of energy spent recruiting Bani and despite both he & his father loving LSU, it was all in vain...

4. LSUDeek

I don't know how you can say this knowing we've had more preseason injuries than ever before under his live tackling practice system.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Damn I was hoping for something a little more along the lines of:
    "Wow! Ryan P. and Dwayne B. really tore it up today during an intramural flag football game..." or something along those lines...

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

And we were notoriously slow starters with poor tackling in the beginning of the season under Saban. Every system has it's pros & cons.

7. LSUDeek

Agreed, I'm just not sure we should laud Miles' not having a spring game as "he knows what's best for the health of his team".

I would wager to say he wants his system to remain as secret as possible. Same reason nobody is allowed at practice.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Miles has never made a secret of liking to keep the system, players health, etc. a secret. He kept Jackson's injury a secret before the Peach Bowl, so that Miami wouldn't know Jackson could not really act as a QB if needed. Seems to me he has good reason's for what he does so I am not gonna question that practice.

Sure, it frustrates the hell out of fans, but so does just about anything anyone does! :hihi:

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And exactly how many players have been hurt due to live tackling comapred to any other head coach we've had? Bet not one person can say with any degree of accuracy.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Spring game? The quick remedy for a recruit worried about the turnout for a spring game is Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night. 8)